starview box

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by malmalmal, Apr 4, 2008.

1. vicatron

vicatron Regular member

did either of you try to autoscan again just to see if they came back?

2. tempo2006

tempo2006 Regular member

3. tempo2006

tempo2006 Regular member

got there before me sorry ha ha

4. vicatron

vicatron Regular member

too quick for you!!stay there though cos if that doesn't work i dont have a clue!!

5. tempo2006

tempo2006 Regular member

no i think a factory reset and then a autoscan should bring them back but it might take a couple of trys and if there is still missing channels then find a pipe in your house that has a stronger signal then plug your box in and do the scan with that pipe .. dont forget to your key emu back on :)

6. mervyn100

mervyn100 Member

Celtic, thanks a lot for the help the other day, i managed to get the USB changed to the right COM port and downaloaded the new software onto my box. However, when i plugged my box in and re-scanned all the channels in, it still did not work. I used the correct bin file (CryptStar-v1.4-Core400) and it said it downloaded successfully. Any ideas?

7. DesB

DesB Regular member

Mervyn, I will jump briefly in as I imagine Celtic is getting some rays today and I am off shortly myself.

Go back into the menu press 1570, Default,press and then go to sly spots ... it should click in then.... any problems, someone will be around later!

8. Celtic71

Celtic71 Active member

Thanks Des , I was out earlier for a while , back home now for an hour and then going shopping :)

There should be no reason to rescan for ch@nnels after flashing

As Des mentioned , Press Menu then 1570 and press the "Set Default Key" , press OK and tune into S*Y Sports and it should auto update for you

9. jammyget

jammyget Guest

Right guys, here's one for you. I have been trying to download the Cryptstar firmware to my original Starview1 STB.
    I have the GT rom and the bin file and have connected to my PC with the nul modem cable supplied with it. I've fiddled with the ports and still dont get any joy. Stays at 0% and says failed after about 30 seconds. Not using a USB adapter.

10. vicatron

vicatron Regular member

i had the same problem and the advice i was given was to delete the gt rom and bin file and download them again..and it worked a treat...try that.

11. jammyget

jammyget Guest

Thanks but it didn't work. Looks like my PC isn't "seeing" my box. Is there a driver or something I'm missing/

12. vicatron

vicatron Regular member

you only need the gtrom and bin file to do it...and a winrar programme to open them....i assume you have one to have got as far as you have...is the box on standby?the other thing i was told was dont connect the box til you're ready to download.

Last edited: May 5, 2008
  13. Celtic71

Celtic71 Active member

Its possible that you were supplied with the rs232 cable and not the NULL MODEM CABLE as that would fail .

Have you used this cable before ?

14. vicatron

vicatron Regular member

glad the experts are here now!lol

15. 1George1

1George1 Member

This site is a god send but having difficulty navigating. Is there 1 location for new ntl codes and also as i'm useless with tech demands but gadget mad I'd love it if someone could advise on complete set up of TV, starview, flashing and all other possibilities. Does this exist. I'v been on 652196 and 531363 but there's no update re codes. I'm putting a new room together and would like someone to point me in the right direction about the best set up. Any help?

16. vicatron

vicatron Regular member

http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/531363#3215747
    this as well as http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/652196 are good pages for codes..the reason the dates are old is cos they haven't changed for a while.
    http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/121/652196#4005025 is a good link for flashing and to find out what kind of box you have(clone or genuine) and the info you need to do it(very easy...honest!)...read back over the pages and you are sure to find all your queries answered but if you get stuck someone will help.

17. 1George1

1George1 Member

Thanks vicatron. Will research. Are codes not down everywhere today?

18. vicatron

vicatron Regular member

no...what does your screen say?

19. 1George1

1George1 Member

"info data is being updated 0%". But now that you mention it its not doing the usual - going from 0 - 230% before returning to zero. Never had this before. Have you?

20. vicatron

vicatron Regular member

celtic71 are you still here?fella on the other thread lost channels..has sound but screen says no signal...and none of the big guns seem to be there tonight...should i tell him to do a factory reset and autoscan or could you go over and help him?
    http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/128/652196#4014213