starview clone new fixed files

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by starview0, Apr 11, 2008.

1. Deafcunt5

Deafcunt5 Member

NThell codes for dublin anyone, ufc starts in half an hour!

2. eamo32

eamo32 Regular member

dede36 and Deafcunt5, why don't you just upgrade the firmware on your boxes, then you won't have to be asking for the codes. And I believe you have both been pointed to the link before, where the codes are updated, but as a reminder;

http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/652196

Bookmark it, and remember, the people giving help and updating the info, also have real jobs, so you'll have to be patient, and wait for the codes to be updated.

It's easier to upgrade your firmware.

3. scunny

scunny Member

Just back to say a big thanks again to MALCI for the help. Had new firmware put on my starview original, working fine.I've emailed my friend the link and he's going to install on his The box too. Cheers mate you're a star.

4. yamin05

yamin05 Guest

but when i load the new update i was told to load the new auto roll

1.4core257

when i did this it work but when i press menu and see what vpe its running on it say 257ee NOT 4.00EE ANY MORE

is this right or do i load the 1.4core400

its a clone box 7row and 18 vents looks clone box

can some one tel me which file do i load

5. nhutch

nhutch Member

Hi

I am new to this so please be patient, I have a starview clone and want to get to auto update. I have read the following on this forum and I would like to know if this OK for the clone.
    Go to http://www.eko.4shared.com and go into first the 'Starview' folder then the 'Firmware' folder. Download the file CryptStar-v14-Core257.BIN file and save it

*NOTE* you will need a NULL MODEM CABLE and not an RS232 CABLE - See the link in my signature.

UPLOADING SOFTWARE TUTORIAL

1. Plug Starview in at the mains.
    2. Plug in null modem cable and join up box with PC using COM port on PC (there is only one socket for this on the Starview you cant go wrong);
    3. Open up GTRom loader
    4. Click on "BIN File" on GTRom and load the Auto update BIN file that you have saved earlier
    5. Now click download button and you will see the file being downloaded.
    6. Once complete a message will appear saying something like "download successful".
    7. Ideally you should try and get a bin file channel list for your area and load this as well it will save a lot of time.
    8. Alternatively, plug box in and press Menu on remote, installation, choose your cable provider, then move down to automatic scan and press ok.
    9. Once all channels have been found press exit back to TV screen.
    10. Now press menu, parental control, press ok. Then press i then 2004. Move down to Key Emu and change option to on. Press ok , then exit back to TV Screen.
    11. If entering the code of 2004 does not work, substitute with the code of 1570.

does anyone know where to get a NULL MODEM CABLE in Dublin and where to get a channel list.

I would appreciate any help.

6. malci

malci Guest

Hi yamin05. Yes that is correct for the clone, that version will show up as API ver: 2.57 eE, it is the original file that has been modified to auto-roll the clones and is safe to use - because the original clones would not cope with anything above V 2.60 - they eventually died. The business about the clones running 3.00 and 4.00 is another story, so don't worry it is fine the firmware you have on now.

7. malci

malci Guest

Yes that is the file you want and instructions are Okay, sorry I believe that the NULL MODEM cables are in short supply there, can't help on that one, sorry.

8. malci

malci Guest

Cheers scunny, your welcome - glad you got sorted :)

9. nhutch

nhutch Member

Thank you Malci I will have to source the cable on the internet.

10. jalsa

jalsa Member

sorry guys to sound thick but i have a clone as some of you and just seen the Go to http://www.eko.4shared.com and go into first the 'Starview' folder then the 'Firmware' folder. Download the file CryptStar-v14-Core257.BIN file and save it site to go on ,

sounds great but which starview foder there is 3 pages full with various files etc and non says cryptstar on it.pls help really stuck now. also where can i get this null cable from?

i'm afraid i am a novice at this ,but learning fast as i can.....

11. malci

malci Guest

Your welcome, try fleabay they are usually knocking about there, and I do re-call a post last night saying Maplins in Jervis St, where expecting 100 being delivered this morning, bit late now though, but might be worth a ring if you are close by in Dublin. Cheers :)

12. jalsa

jalsa Member

sorry mate nowhere near in the south of uk.what about the download any idea which one it is?

13. malci

malci Guest

Go to the site in your post, and again b posted below, Starview folder 7th down click on that, then firmware folder 2nd down click on that, and you will see the file 2nd one down, okay go to the right and download it, if you have not got the loader GTRom 4.00 you will be able to get that from the site also.

Eamo's FTA Library http://eko.4shared.com/

14. jalsa

jalsa Member

thank you very much malci your a star,now that i have it I will give it a go,once I get the cable .
    thanks again without you guys these things would be worthless...

15. joscubed

joscubed Member

Malci,

If I correctly understand your earlier post to scunny who didn't seem sure if s/he had a clone or an original, you are saying that it is OK either way to flash with the new 2.57 firmware as it is the correct firmware for clones but won't harm an original. Is that right?

Thanks for all your work on the forum

Joe

16. malci

malci Guest

I think scunny was aware that he had clone, but to answer your question - yes you can with out a doubt safely use the CryptStar-1.4-Core257Bin on a clone or genuine. It will do no harm what-so-ever, I am not advising anyone to use it on a genuine, when there is the perfectly good firmware available for genuines, but I hope I have answered your query.

By the way I must stress I am referring to Starview 1 box and no other what-so-ever.

Can I stress that it is highly recommended that you stick to the official firmware release's for your your type of box, I am only trying to emphasise that anyone who beleives they have a clone starview 1 should err on the side of caution, if you don't want to end up with a silver door stop, "or do more research to identify".

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 22, 2008
  17. malci

malci Guest

Your welcome jalsa, presume you have found and downloaded what you wanted to now, good luck and good night - the bed is calling Cheers :)

18. 4hmed

4hmed Member

Does anyone have the latest telewest codes ..thanks

19. neady21

neady21 Member

Hi i was just wonderin if any1 had any more info on y some clone boxes are runnin on ver 4.00, june 07. I am positive mines a clone as iv opened n looked inside but confused as to why its runnin on dis version.

20. ian1980

ian1980 Member

Does anyone now the telewest codes for north west