1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

starview clone new fixed files

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by starview0, Apr 11, 2008.

1. madapple

madapple Member

hi guys, sorry to ask really as i have had a look through the forum. Went out for a few last night came homelate to find my SV and Eurovox max not working. tried the codes for TW no joy. I also downloaded some software for eurovox from Eamo.

could someone just do me a favour and summarise where we are plz. i have what i think is a Sv clone on 257 fixed on TW

could i ask for
    a) the code to update (get the kids off my case short term)
    b) what is the correct software for both my boxes

much appreciated if you can help

2. tonto67

tonto67 Member

Cant help you with the eurovox but your starview being a clone does not have a firmware available as of 12/04/2008 that will autoroll. Best you can do is bookmark this thread http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/531363
    and check for the most recent codes as and when you need em. Difinitive confirmation of your starviews status ie clone/genuine is available on the bottom of that thread too.

3. sterobbo

sterobbo Member

Hi chaps and ladies I've a clone sv and have not changed the codes since yesterday morning, I'm still receiving so have cw stopped changing the keys or is autoroll now working

4. madapple

madapple Member

thanks for the reply, someone in another thread said to flash with version 4 so getting a little confused, i have 2 SV s so i guess i can afford to test on one

5. starview0

starview0 Member

the keys dont change at weekends

6. eso1967

eso1967 Member

looks like the autoroll is working had my starview on now for 2 days

7. dazzalam

dazzalam Guest

the new clone firmware is 4.00, i read somewhere it is a rehask of the old 4.00, i have used it on my clone, and its working at the moment, i posted a link to it in the starview codes thread

but there is debate as to use or not (not fully tested yet) and could cause problems with your box in future, jury is still out, your box your choice
    dazza

8. noelyf

noelyf Regular member

The keys change when the cc wants to change them be it weekdays or weekends.Dont be misleading people!

9. MICKAH

MICKAH Active member

Have to say, some of you deserve to have your box's bricked. cause you either choose to ignore advise and will be the first back here pissing and moaning why your box dont work. the only file released is to fix genuine SV, not clones. The so called
    is a bin file with a name change.

"codes dont change at weekends"
    This is posted by the person who tells you that the Clone firmware is all good and was created by sunrise, What a load of bull, if that statement alone doesnt give you a hint, then some you really need to wake the hell up.

go to the software section and download the genuine file that sunrise done, look at the info in this file and the statement that is there,

10. ger123

ger123 Member

im with u mikah ill keep using codes until one of u guys tell me different keep up the good work guys

11. madapple

madapple Member

thats ok if the codes are working on your SV, which mine aren't, but i take your point that it is totally against what the real knowledgable experienced people on here are saying. i have two SVs so i guess i can afford to experiment. At least i can post back the results to help benefit others.

12. boxyboy

boxyboy Member

could someone tell me where I can find the loaded for starview 400eE cant find it in emos libery

13. dazzalam

dazzalam Guest

14. boxyboy

boxyboy Member

15. dazzalam

dazzalam Guest

dont know what happened there, anyway
    totally respect what you are saying, although i have used the firmware, as i have a couple of boxes and also have the equipment to jtag (if needed) i have posted info on this firmware but advised that people do not use it until they get more feedback on any possible problems without it being beta tested, no one will ever know, or are you saying you know different and it is exactly the same as last time?

16. MICKAH

MICKAH Active member

What I am saying is that the file is an altered bin file, by name only. For the average punter to get direction from some one to use it is not on (this is not directed at you). Now if one of the guys here like scouser, fergus etc want to declare it as good then fine. Genuine firmware wont knock your box of straight off, it takes time for this to happen, The guy who posted this claims sunrise done this file, sunrise didnt, thats what I am saying, its a blatant spoof and if you look at the firmware in eko, their is a statement there in the nfo by sunrise,

A general example would be
    going to a site and downloading patches for Windows XP would people do it? no they wouldnt, they would go to the correct place and download it where they are safe in the knowledge its been tried and tested and its the correct update for their machine

17. madapple

madapple Member

Mickah any ideas why my Sv boxes wont accept the latest TW codes ?

18. hag1983

hag1983 Guest

is it true that if your box came preloaded with v 4.00e_E boot v 7.0 then there is no way it can b a clone??

19. hazbin24

hazbin24 Member

No, my box came with that and it is a clone

20. MICKAH

MICKAH Active member

GENUINE OR CLONE Starv**w
    Counts the vents on top

First Generation = 13 x 7 vents
    Genuine = 25 x 7 vents
    Clone = 18 x 7 vents

To make sure open the box.

Read this it has pics of what clone looks like inside and what a genuuine box looks like

http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/8/493446