1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Still Encrypted...!?

Discussion in 'Video problems with Mac' started by RIDE, Sep 21, 2004.

1. RIDE

RIDE Member

Hi, i have backed up many of dvd's using MacTheRipper and then either DVD2oneX or DVD remaster to resize them and then toast to burn them.
    However... i have a dvd that after i make a duplicate of it using MacTheRipper and the use either of afore mentioned apps they both say the dvd is still encrypted... i was under the impression that mactheripper removed all encryption... is this not the case? and is there any software out there that will allow me to backup my original in this case...?

2. RIDE

RIDE Member

Heeelp, i have tried everything on this...
    I am trying to backup my BBC "red dwarf" dvds and have tried every app i know about to decrypt them, but nothing works.
    so far i have tried...
    DVDbackup 1.3 (latest version i think)
    Mac The Ripper 2.0.1 (latest version i think)
    OSEx 0.0101b and 0SEx 0.0110a1
    is there anything else that will decrypt them???

3. iFix

iFix Member

Sorry Ride, I can't help. M.T.Ripper, DVD Backup, and OSex are the only apps I know of. M.T.Ripper has never failed me. Funny thing is that Red Dwarf (although a GREAT show) is fairly old, right? So I'm stumped as to why you can't rip it... Good luck!

4. RIDE

RIDE Member

it is an old show, but the dvd's have only been released recently. I have heard of BBC dvd's having messed up encryption.
    Mac The Ripper had never failed me up until these dvds.
    Thanks anyway.