1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Successfully ripped DVD but burning with Toast 6 not useable

Discussion in 'Video problems with Mac' started by deanj212, Jan 15, 2005.

1. deanj212

deanj212 Member

I successfully ripped a DVD with mactheripper but after burning it with Toast 6 it is not useable in Apple's DVD player or in a commercial DVD player.

The behavior that I see is that the video keeps pausing, jumping, sound cuts in and out. Then it will play for a few seconds and begin the pause, skip, jump routine again.

Any ideas as to what the problem could be?

I ran mactheripper with the Full Extraction option and Toast as a Data disk DVD(UDF) and at single speed.

Thanks in advance,

2. mk_ool

mk_ool Guest

hey, I got the same problem here. The picture jumps around and stuff when I played it on a DVD player. But on the computer it plays ok. I stuck it in my PS2 and tried it and it said "TV system doesn't match." I guess this isn't much help to you but if you've figured it out please notify me. Thanks.

3. deanj212

deanj212 Member

I gave up on Toast 6. Here is my process and it is working out great.

Use MacTheRipper to get the Full Extracted movie
    Use DVDImager (get off versiontracker) to create an img file from the video_ts folder
    Use DiskUtility (Applications/Utilities) to burn the img to a DVD.

4. mk_ool

mk_ool Guest

Thanks for the info. I'll try that. Still wondering why it did that though. Why would it do something like that? Isn't Toast suppose to be pretty reliable when it comes to burning stuff. Well Thanks for the Help.

5. Trier

Trier Member

This goes without saying, but I´m sure you use the "proper DVD"-media when you burn? Bad ones get you into trouble.

Toast should work just fine, and if the ripped VIDEO_TS works fine on the computers DVD-player, it should work ok in the stand-alone also. But of course there´s no "100% guarantee" when dealing with these issues..
    Always test the VIDEO_TS via computer before burning, basic rule.

It could be, that your stand-alone DVD-player is not good when dealing with DVD-Rs.

Also, try with different speeds. Use e.g. 4X also.

6. mk_ool

mk_ool Guest

I've burned DVD's before and they worked great on the Sony DVD player, but this one didn't. It works fine on the computer but its all jumpy and stuff on the DVD player. I used Toast 6.05 to burn it. Oh, I used the same brand of DVDs each time. Anyway thanks for the info.

7. deanj212

deanj212 Member

The video_ts plays perfectly with the DVD Player application. I use Apple branded blank DVDs to burn onto, but every time the video and audio was very jumpy. But as I said before I have had 100% success with using DVDImager and using Disk Utility to get it onto a DVD. Plays fine in computer and all of my desktop players