1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

switching the default dashboard.

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware mods' started by J0hnnyga, May 24, 2007.

1. J0hnnyga

J0hnnyga Regular member

hi the problem im having is for some reason my xbox just decided it would make evox the default dashboard..from xbmc. now im trying to switch it back so that xbmc is the default dash. i've tried option one and 3 on this website: http://www.xboxmediacenter.com/wiki/index.php?title=As_a_Dashboard

with no luck. xbmc is already installed @ F:/apps/XBMC/

thanks

2. locobrown

locobrown Regular member

The default dash will always be your hacked one, the one you installed when you modded. I wouldn't recommened you trying to set up xbmc as your default dash manually. That involves renaming or replacing certain important evox system files. If you have read within the forums posts of people having trouble, error codes and really with no need to even open the xbox they end up having to hotswap or reformat the hard drive because they have not taken the time to research what it is they are trying to accomplish. Dont get me wrong, everybody learns from mistakes and we are here to help but if you can avoid them it so much better. Get a hold of a XBMC ainstaller disc and let that iso install it for you.

Make XMBC default dash. http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/376141
    Read how its done, then read further down thread the possible problem you may encounter.

Last edited: May 25, 2007
  3. J0hnnyga

J0hnnyga Regular member

well after loading some messed up bios onto my box i had to go to my friends house and have him flash my xbox with the orignal bios he had put on it and replace update my xbmc build and all is well again thanks for the response