1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The coolest mac ever? The MACMINI!!! WOW

Discussion in 'Video problems with Mac' started by mediaguru, Jan 11, 2005.

1. mediaguru

mediaguru Regular member

Photoshop filter comparisons or other CPU tests are great when comparing macs/peecees...if you are a SPEC guy. But there are many other reasons I go mac. Design, quality, function, style, performance, durability, OPERATING SYSTEM. These are all categories that apple arguably kills every other computer company.

I'm a MAC guy. I hate windows (I own two windows machines so I know both). OSX kicks ass. So I don't care if some dell peecee can do a photoshop filter .0062 seconds faster than my mac (which it probably can't anyway). If it has windows then the clunky, irritating OS interface will slow down any productivity a faster processor speeds up anyway!

2. epepper9

epepper9 Regular member

3. mediaguru

mediaguru Regular member

The mini would be great for me. I have about 5-10 old macs (g3/g4) that I could get rid of, bump up the speed considerably AND take up less space!

4. epepper9

epepper9 Regular member

yep, bung RAM up to 512, give it super drive and bluetooth and you have some good SH*T, the only thing I dont like is if I ever got one I would need a firewire 400 hub and a USB 2 hub, and it doesn't have firewire 800, but you dont need 800 it is just an option with some HDs and things to transfer faster.