1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Miracles of Modern Medicine

Discussion in 'Safety valve' started by Yashichi, May 13, 2022.

1. Yashichi

Yashichi Member

Sophocles Post that Caused the Creation of this Thread
    And this is what I wrote that Sophocles was responding to:
    I suspect it is best to start a new thread and I really mean that title, but later on that.

Firstly, your very kind words of support are appreciated, Sophocles; but your case certainly reads as if you had a close one and were fortunate to have a doctor, and his/her team, that could figure out what was going on and then what to do about it. Yep, that sure does read as a tricky one they discovered and then had the ability to set right.

But only having been released on May 3rd must mean they are keeping an eye on you, yes? You have weekly or monthly appointments for a bit, no?

My case is just a basic problem the medical professionals have known about for a long time, BUT because of research they now have tools they can use to go after that nasty cancer thingy and so I have to give great thanks to those that did the research to discover the tools the average hospital could use to help folks like me that got into trouble with the cancer bug, or whatever they might want to call it.

NOTE: This forum software is not allowing me to finish this post, so let me try and copy/paste the remaining sentences of the original to a second post. AND see if this edit works.

Last edited: May 13, 2022
  2. Yashichi

Yashichi Member

This is the remainder (I Hope!) of the original post I tried to do yesterday. NO!! I'll try to change the wording.

I'd guess your case, Sophocles, caught the attention of some medical professionals and maybe at some school of higher learning they are starting to study your case.

3. Yashichi

Yashichi Member

And I hit that popup again when I tried to copy the two paragraphs below into the post above. This is a really, really bothersome glitch in the software here.

Continued:

My case is/was much more basic because that is a common problem with lots of humans. The relapse was a bit of a surprise and because of the Covid-19 trouble I had a close call with the relapse and had to call in a few favors to speed up my being able to be admitted into the hospital for treatment, but I was lucky that a sharp doc fella went into high gear and pretty much saved my life by quick action and probably bending the rules a bit. It was about a six-month battle and very nasty a few times, but here I am typing on this keyboard and very much alive, so no complaints. Next time I might not be quite so fortunate, but who knows. All those years of sports finally paid off in that my overall condition wasn't so bad and so all those nasty chemicals they have to use didn't do too much harm. And put the cancer bug thingy into a sleeping mode they have a cute name for called a 'remission'.

But I suspect your case, Sophocles, is more in the miracle status than my own. Do they still have you taking antibiotics? You must have been given some seriously exotic antibiotics.(?) [I think that's a question.]

Last edited: May 13, 2022
  4. Yashichi

Yashichi Member

This is something in my twenty something years of being in this business I have NEVER experienced!

"School of higher learning" had to replace 'uni --- ty' to get that one sentence posted.

The software wasn't allowing the content of the third post into the second one, but then allowed that third one.

5. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

What content are you having problems with, and why are you having difficulty typing "unity" or sentences? I'm assuming that English isn't your first language because of your sentence and paragraph structure. Are you having keyboard symbol issues?

Last edited: May 14, 2022
  6. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

The purpose of Safety Valve is that you're not bound to any specific content. What specifically is in your post that the forum software won't allow?

7. Yashichi

Yashichi Member

I guess you were in a hurry, Sophocles, and missed that which is being quoted just above this sentence, in this post.

8. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

I read the post and I saw "had to replace 'uni---ty," but what's not clear is exactly what you replaced it with and why did you need to? Your use of English is a little off and unclear, and it's obscuring your message.

9. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

"shi" appears to be the missing letters.

10. Yashichi

Yashichi Member

You two have succeeded. I am out of here. I give up. Thank you. You've saved me a lot of time.

This is very, very clear and very, very easy to understand.

< < < Copy Starts > > >
    "School of higher learning" had to replace 'uni --- ty' to get that one sentence posted.
    < < < Copy Ends > > >

Sayonara!

11. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

Uni-shity ddp? You just might have it right. It appears that "school of higher learning" hasn't seemed to have learned enough to know that his English is broken and unclear, and he's blaming us for his inability to effectively communicate. So we rightfully asked questions, which he chooses to see negatively.

Yashichi since you've chosen to be a bit of an ass, "ye oh school of learning" what is your level of education? Tell me yours and I'll tell you mine and you might be surprised. So sayonara! If you should return, try and bring some manners with you and all will be forgotten.

Last edited: May 16, 2022
  12. ddp

he appears to be Japanese, Tokyo area. his name gave me the clue.

13. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

Yes, and the Sayonara was
    a dead give away.

No, I was on an intense round the clock antibiotics regimen for 6 weeks. My white cell count is now normal, but since they have no idea what the infecting bacteria was, or how it got there, I won't know for another month after an MRI, if the treatment still stands.

14. ddp

me, I have lymphedema in the legs most likely caused by the corrective surgeries on my legs when I was about 10yrs old. most of that surgery was in the groin area to do with the muscles/tendon & it now appears the lymph nodes in that area was effected by that surgery but took 51yrs to show up.