1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Theory on burning GC

Discussion in 'Nintendo Gamecube - General discussion' started by SuperTed, Sep 21, 2004.

1. geestar20

geestar20 Active member

I've been following this thread to the T and if their is a mod chip being developed or lets just say one is already out...how do we expect to copy the game since no program is able to read the GC discs?

OR did i miss somthing about someone making, not a working but a least a backup of a GC game?

2. Icemonkey

Icemonkey Active member

Should a modchip come out that would perhaps modify the Gamecube to read mini DVD-R's I imagine the process of making a backup would be something to the effect of streaming the rip software to the Gamecube to rip the game to your PC then burn it to disc by some means.

3. rfjr23

rfjr23 Member

The way i was understanding it is that the problem is not burning the game it is booting the game because of the boot sector or barcode.

Maybe this chip they are talking about will bypass that similar to the swap magic

4. Jackass57

Jackass57 Guest

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 25, 2004
  5. muhmann

muhmann Member

Oh boy, I'd like to read the Forum at that Site, but I'm unable to register since I don't have an email-account that is accepted by them. Unfortunately they blacklistet GMX, Yahoo etc...
    I hate that.

6. insomnia8

insomnia8 Member

actually the forum over there says nothing extra on what they have on the frontpage.

7. Jackass57

Jackass57 Guest

yeah just go to www.ps2ownz.com , and yes i hate how i cant use my yahoo account.... i had to use my old msn account for it to work!

8. insomnia8

insomnia8 Member

ok i just found something i cant believe. it was ANOTHER video of some people copying a GC game using mini CD-R. this video is made in a way so you cant say that its fake. check it out its called "BMM GC Hack 2" its on one of the popular filesharing programs.

im not talking about the lame movie everybody says is fake....because i also saw that one.

9. udlras

udlras Guest

looks fake:
    the shot doesn't focus on the gc and the tv at the same time, joypad can be easily unpluged and hooked upto seperate console of screen, the tv has probably got scart input for second console, when the camera does look back at the console it is trying to read the barcode NOT actual game cube data, ect. I am personally still very sceptical of these videos, if you where skilled enough to crack the GC then you could probably film a video that proves it inconclusively

10. insomnia8

insomnia8 Member

i dont see how you would ever be able to convince anybody with a video when i see posts here

11. Bizquick

Bizquick Member

Well the NEW GC chip will be coming soon after its released it will be just a matter of time before the hackers find a way to exploit it and use it for copyed games and backups. I bet we all will be able to buy a chip sometime in december. But the cracks groups will need time to figure out how to store a loader in the flash rom that will access the GC drive so I think in febuary we will see this chip really improving the scene.

12. geestar20

geestar20 Active member

OK.. every one is taliking about the freakn chip coming out, but what about how to copy the freak'n games????

13. Jackass57

Jackass57 Guest

14. Jackass57

Jackass57 Guest

15. Jackass57

Jackass57 Guest

16. Bizquick

Bizquick Member

well copying the game might be easy with that chip out because its mesnt for homebrew app's so all someon needs to do is write a homebrew app like a FTP server that will access the GC-Rom drive. and most likely they could do that in linux or something. Besides I'm sure the crack groups wil have this all figured out really soon after they exploit the chip a little bit.

17. Jackass57

Jackass57 Guest

woops, sorry about the triple post!

18. SuperTed

SuperTed Regular member

aaaaaaaaaaaaw man!!
    I was close again this weekend!
    I tried burning a game and this is what happened:
    -GC Boots up and starts reading
    -Goto the gamescreen and you see what game is inserted. I got "@# '!""and of course no banner.
    - I tried starting the game and the screen got blank again....but I waited a while, cause the disc was spinning (I heard it)
    -After a little more then 5 minutes the screen turned RED a noise started to sound and the screen said "Gamecube Exception"

So I was on to something! And this was without the Modchip!
    I picked up on it again cause of the Modchip that was released.

19. Clete2

Clete2 Member

Good job! Keep it up, we're getting closer, but it feels like stabbing in the dark.

20. Maryela3

Maryela3 Guest

'Gamecube exception' error you usally get that when the disc can be read but its somehow damaged or there's something blocking the gamecube laser or it's dirty but it's somehow weirder to get cuase you will usually get the cant't read disc error keep up the good work
    Maria =)