1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

toast 6 titanium burned dvd won't play on sony dvd player

Discussion in 'Video problems with Mac' started by jrofman, Oct 1, 2004.

1. jrofman

jrofman Member

Using a new powerbook G4 I burned a movie I downloaded onto a verbatim 4x dvd-r. The movie works fine on three different computers but when put into the dvd player it says its unable to play due to "area" problems, although I think its the region. Is the region from the original movie preserved on the software or could it be a dvd player hardware problem? And is there any way to fix this problem?

2. RED_BULL

RED_BULL Guest

What software do you use to burn the dvd?

3. mediaguru

mediaguru Regular member

Did you burn the disk in the UDF or standard DVD video format? Does it have a VIDEO_TS folder?

MG

4. mediaguru

mediaguru Regular member

Did you burn the disk in the UDF or standard DVD video format? Does it have a VIDEO_TS folder?

MG

5. jrofman

jrofman Member

Actually I burned multiple discs in each of the formats listed. Before I burned it I looked through all these forums to figure out how. I used toast v6.07. it had all the necessary folders and everything. I actually even played the dvd in my car on my eclipse navigation system, but the damn thing wont play on my new dvd player. Its rather annoying. I think I need to try to find out how to unlock my dvd player. that might make it easier.

6. jrofman

jrofman Member

What I now realize is that I need a hack for my sony DVP-NS501P dvd player. Any help would be appreciated, as I have done a lot of searching.

7. Londor

Londor Guest

jrofman,

Where do you live?

I think you have a problem of trying to play a NTSC movie on a PAL DVD player or a PAL movie on a NTSC DVD player. Computers can play both formats.

You probably just need to convert it to the format used in your country.

8. jrofman

jrofman Member

That may be the issue. I live in the US, so region one, NTSC. How would one go about determining the format of a movie?

9. Londor

Londor Guest