1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Toast Burning Error Message

Discussion in 'Video problems with Mac' started by mrcapone, Aug 12, 2003.

1. mrcapone

mrcapone Guest

Hello, I am burning .VOB files with Toast (5.2.1) and I have had many successful burns. I now have encountered an error, which states "The Drive Has reported an error, Sense key=MEDIUM ERROR, Sense code=0X73,0X03" I have gotten this error many times, but sometimes I have success, which makes me wonder why it doesnt happen all the time. Nothing has changed, I am still using Fujifilm DVD-R media. I would be most appreciative if anyone could help me with this matter. Thanks- mrcapone

2. sassu

sassu Member

Hi,
    what mac you have? Could it be too slow? I had this same error with my old mac, but not with faster CPU.

3. JonB

JonB Member

Apple released an update for all their Superdrives a couple of weeks ago..This should fix the problem. The update is available at www.apple.com.

4. mike71

mike71 Guest

well this may not be of help but media does make a difference. I'm using laser 2x DVD's (I was told their CD's were of poor quality) but I've only had 1 misburn (same error you got i think) in about 40 DVD's

I read something that different media work best in different burners, something to do with the dye. So you could also source different media.

I think it's just toast though (nowadays I restart if i've been using intensive apps before i burn DVD's and i've been happy ever since)

5. johnferg

johnferg Member

A medium error seems that it would be caused by the medium that you are using. I have encountered the same problem with toast, but that seems to be only when I use cheap discs like princo. Medium is another name for media.

6. JonB

JonB Member

Skip the FujiFilm DVD´s at once...I spen like 20 bucks on those DVD´s and noone worked with any movie...Change the medium to anything but FujiFilms crappy discs..