1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Toast DV cam question

Discussion in 'Video problems with Mac' started by gerlep, Dec 14, 2004.

1. gerlep

gerlep Member

I have a number of files saved into separate Toast files, ie: about a dozen individual files on 12 different discs. Now I want to combine some of the files on the same disc, but have already deleted the original dv back ups. Is there a way whereby I can import one Toast file into another??

2. mediaguru

mediaguru Regular member

Can you define "toast file"??? Is it a video stream? Is it a disc image? etc... If it is dv video stream then iMovie or final cut pro, or premier should be able to put them together.

3. gerlep

gerlep Member

Thanks for getting back. Think I spoke too soon. I THOUGHT I had a 'toast' file but it seems I'm talking rubbish. I imported various different DV clips into toast windows one by one and thought I saved them. When I went back to open them there was no data. Anyway, just looking for the most practical way of importing a lot of DV files, and having the capacity, to burn DVDs with different varieties of imported files (eg: dvd1 may comprise of imports 1, 2 and 4, and dvd2 may comprise of imports 1, 4, and 7 etc) Hope this is clear.

4. mediaguru

mediaguru Regular member

If you have toast you should be able to transfer your DV via firewire onto your hard drive.

You can also do this with imovie or final cut pro.