1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Trouble copying Ariel's beginning

Discussion in 'Video problems with Mac' started by fastrom, Apr 4, 2009.

1. fastrom

fastrom Member

I have successfully copied a number of DVDs using a combination of FairMount and Toast. However, the new Disney movie Little Mermaid 3 / Ariel's beginning has proven to be a hard nut to crack. It takes forever for FairMount to mount the disk and a lot of bad sectors are reported. It then takes even longer to copy the files from the fair mounted disk to the hard drive. The files that get copied in the end are not playable.

I've also tried with RipIt; the program ran for several hours, resulting in a file that showed a highly distorted film sequence for some 10 seconds, then made the whole DVD player crash.

Any suggestions for how to get this movie copied? Thanks.

2. attar

attar Senior member

3. fastrom

fastrom Member

I installed and ran DVDFab HD decrypter 5.2.3.2 under Darwine. In the Source dialog I selected the VIDEO_TS folder of the DVD disc. However, DVDFab was apparently unable to read the files -- a dialog popped up titled "Report - Info" with the message "If you think threre is a problem with the IFO files, you can send it to us for analyzing."

I have good experience with previous use of DVDFab under Windows. Is it that the applcation doesn't work that well under Darwine, or what might the issue be?

Any other suggestions for how to crack the nut "Ariel's beginning"?

4. attar

attar Senior member

I seen that DVD Shrink runs under Darwine, but I don't know what others will - try AnyDVD?

5. fastrom

fastrom Member

I'm unable to launch AnyDVD with Darwine. The installation seems to run fine but when launching the application I just get the error message "Failed to init ElbyCDIO!".

Are there any options left? (Going back to Windows is NOT an option, for several reasons... ;-)

6. attar

attar Senior member

7. fastrom

fastrom Member

Thanks for the tip, will try that one as well.