1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Trouble with Sky High & Madagascar

Discussion in 'Video problems with Mac' started by nkaryb, Jan 5, 2006.

1. nkaryb

nkaryb Member

Is anyone having problems backing up SKY HIGH or MADAGASCAR?

I'm using MTR 2.6.6 and DVD2oneX 1.4.2 on a year old iMac 1.8 Ghz G5.

With MTR, at the end of the ripping process I get the message that it had BAD SECTORS;
    please try the rip to see if it works. I then start up Apple's DVD Player and everything
    plays fine. No problems whatsoever. So I then open DVD2oneX to start the DISK COPY
    process. I do not select Movie Only. (I have also tried the Full Disk ARccOS Extraction
    setting.) The Ratio is set to CONSTANT and here are the results:

On Madagascar, DVD2oneX gets to 90%; on Sky High it gets to 40%, and then gives me
    these two error dialog windows:

[bold]Alert
    The logical block number does not match with the actual position in the file. Make sure
    you copy all files from the DVD to HD in file mode.[/bold]

and the second message is:

[bold]Alert
    For full diskcopy you need to copy all files from the DVD in file mode.[/bold]

Again, I [bold]DID[/bold] set the copy option to DISK COPY to copy the entire disk. Why I'm
    getting these messages doesn't make sense.

I have looked for persons having similiar issues but I only find PC users having problems
    with these two movies. But the people that respond to them tells them to try the latest
    version of their ripping software. And in response, the people with the problems says the
    newer software fixed the problems.

So my question is this. Is there another ripping program available for the Mac other than
    MTR? I heard that there is a new beta version MTR 3 available but the author now wants
    money for it. What is the Mac community going to do if no one comes up with a "fix" for
    this apparently new copy protection scheme?

I have copied over 200 titles now and these two are the newest released titles and the only
    ones I have had this kind of trouble.

So... is anyone having trouble copying SKY HIGH or MADAGASCAR?

Thanks for any assistance you can provide.

Last edited: Jan 5, 2006
  2. mufin_man

mufin_man Member

I ran "Sky High" through DVD Decrypter, with the latest version of AnyDVD running in the background, and saved the results to a folder on my hard drive. AnyDVD did have to alter or remove some elements that aren't normally indicated, but I didn't record the results of the AnyDVD analysis.

I started DVD Shrink and when I attempted to load the previously saved movie files from my hard drive, DVD Shrink choked and issued an error message: "Invalid Data in the VTS_01_1.VOB file". Tried restarting Shrink and reloading the files and got the same results. This is the first time I've had DVD Shrink choke on any movie.

I closed DVD Shrink and used the latest version of CloneDVD2 to burn the movie only, no special features or menus. The burn went perfectly and the copy runs without a glitch on my set top DVD Player and PC PowerDVD player.

For what it's worth !

3. BondGE

BondGE Member

4. Robert1

Robert1 Member

1 click dvd works great coping this movie

5. thelox714

thelox714 Regular member

6. nkaryb

nkaryb Member

Thanks. I looked at http://ripdifferent.com but I couldn't find it anywhere. From what I can tell, it looks like the author has gone underground. I know he was wanting people to make "donations" for his work but he wasn't getting too much success. In fact, he was mad that someone made a donation, downloaded the software, then notified his credit card company to reverse the charge. Now that was a pretty rotten thing to do. THAT is probably why he has vanished out of sight.

So I'm still in the dark as to what to do with these two titles.

Thanks.

7. thelox714

thelox714 Regular member

that has been the story for a while..

you can get the new build once you do donate.

8. phrek

phrek Member

If you keep getting that error message using DVD2OneX
    Launch Toast 7 > Select the 'Video' Tab > Select the 'DVD-Video from VIDEO_TS' Radio button
    Select your VIDEO_TS Folder, Pop in a Blank DVD, and Burn

This process takes 1/2 Hour (approx) - But the result is a flawless Rip
    NOTE: However, please note the Ripped Version can not be Re-Ripped

Best Of Luck !

9. thelox714

thelox714 Regular member

i have been able to do this.. i have actually done copy to copy once its been backed up..

10. wvaughan

wvaughan Member

DVD Shrink to hard drive. Then 1click DVD (Checked Menu) to DVD+R on a Pioneer A09. Flawless on PC not sure about the Mac, don't have one yet.

11. thelox714

thelox714 Regular member

this is on mac.. toast 6 or toat 7 have copy to copy...