1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Turn A avi ? or divx in a DVD

Discussion in 'DivX / XviD' started by DeMeX, Aug 18, 2005.

1. DeMeX

DeMeX Member

Hi everyone i been trying to figure this out by myself but i tried and nothing good has come out now i have a avi moive on my hard drive called gladiator i wanna put into a dvd so i can play it on my dvd player but how do i get there i no i have to convert and then burn i have a program but it takes like 6 hours to convert the movie and thats to long cuz i have alot of movies any faster way or a right way

2. scf_au

scf_au Regular member

Which program are you using? I use VSO DivxToDVD (free version) myself, and it only takes about an hour to convert a 2-hour long avi movie.

3. chazbmwUS

chazbmwUS Guest

I have downloaded movies in rar files,but I can't burn them,how do you burn 2 DVD?

4. DeMeX

DeMeX Member

yea i tried Divx to dvd and it takes longer for the one i was doing what setting should i use and is there anyway to make a menu for the movie i want to make after i convert them

Thx for your help by the way

5. DeMeX

DeMeX Member

let me add that am useing DivXToDvD and the speed is 8. 5 fps per sec i think its the speed its converting it how can i get it to go faster

6. DeMeX

DeMeX Member

let me add that am useing DivXToDvD and the speed is 8. 5 fps per sec i think its the speed its converting it how can i get it to go faster

7. scf_au

scf_au Regular member

Is your DMA set to on? Also, which program are you using?

8. DeMeX

DeMeX Member

Im useing DivxToDvD 0.5.2.99 on aspect wat should i put 4:3 16:9 and on standred what should i put pal 25 or ntsc 29. and am getting 28 fps can i get it up any faster And i dont know what you mean about DMA but its really slow and i wish u guys can help me cuz am wasteing alot of dvd-r cuz am trying and they dont work 0.5.2.99

9. scf_au

scf_au Regular member

So the conversion has been very slow, and often unsuccessful? Are your avis downloaded?

10. tEChniiQue

tEChniiQue Guest

@chazbmwUS
    Right click on the first file of the series. Usually named with some number (i.e. 001) Right Click and extract it to wherever you desire. Use DivXtoDvD to create your dvd from that video file.

If it extracts as an .iso, just burn that .iso to disc.

Here is a quick tutorial for DivXtoDvD:
    http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/221819

11. chazbmwUS

chazbmwUS Guest

Thanks uniique1,

I will give it a try.
    Trial and error is the best teacher for me.

12. DeMeX

DeMeX Member

Yes they Are DL and its the conversion thats slow takes 6 hours maybe for for a 2 hour movie i was trying out dvd shirk yesterday and it took like longer so i quit it but yea wat are ur conversion speed at ? and thx for all the help one day i get closer and closer to my goal lol thx alot guys

13. tEChniiQue

tEChniiQue Guest

Couldn't of said it better myself. That's how I learned.

14. tEChniiQue

tEChniiQue Guest

@DeMeX

For me, if I use DvD Shrink to backup an entire movie it usually takes about an hour and a half. Back up and Burn time. Max would be right at 2 hours for me (rare).

15. DeMeX

DeMeX Member

thx man am useing that is ther any setting i should use cuz when i use it it takes like 8 but i really wnna thank you for all ur help

16. chazbmwUS

chazbmwUS Guest

Do You make a folder first then extract to that folder,then use quickpar to repair?
    I have only been able to do H&F and Stea.lth thru shrink.
    The rest haven't written....yet.
    Got some bogus dl.

17. tEChniiQue

tEChniiQue Guest

I've never done anything special with DvD Shrink...

Put the DvD in the Drive.
    Open the Program->
    Click Open Disc->
    Select the Disc->
    Click O.k.->
    ~once the decryption finishes, check/uncheck the compression settings you want select the temporary location and backup~
    and you know the rest as well I'm sure...tray pops open put the blank disc in and soon the back up is done.

I've haven't messed with any settings. I even burn at the slowest speed because I've had problems with results burning as fast as I could so I keep it slow and easy...

18. chazbmwUS

chazbmwUS Guest

I don't have the actual disc of stealth.
    I have a dl of it,you can still use open disc in shrink without a disc?...or do you mean open files?
    When I try to open files shrink doesn't like the files or something.

19. DeMeX

DeMeX Member

Hey guy i know this has nothing to do with dvd or anything we been talking about but i have a problem i restored my comp so it could b faster and can anytell me how i can get rid of the internet "thing" as in every time i type in a search it shows recent thing ive type i want to get rid i dont wanna know where i been

20. tEChniiQue

tEChniiQue Guest

[bold]@DeMeX[/bold]

[bold]Thitle of this thread[/bold]
    Turn A avi ? or divx in a DVD

[bold]YOUR COMMENT[/bold]
    [bold]... i know[/bold] this has nothing to do with dvd or anything we been talking about but...

[bold]MY RESPONSE[/bold]
    If you know it has nothing to do with the thread, why even bring it up??? You have two options; 1 - Search aD for your answer by "reading prior threads" or 2 - Start a new thread.
    You might wanna take a gander at rules 1 and 2.