1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tutorial: How to stream bluray to ps3

Discussion in 'Blu-ray players' started by KidKappa, Sep 25, 2008.

1. Poseidon9

Poseidon9 Member

Awesome! Got it into m2ts (instead of ts) and got it to accept. Now I have a question about the "bit calculator" step. The original file size is 28.5GB. How do I tell it not to compress the output file at all? I put the output file size at 30GB... is this OK or will it mess up the audio sync when I mux the pcm stream into it? It's weird.. it says the projected file size is 3.6GB?!

Edit: The link to the files was dated. Updated to the new version of MeGUI 0.3.1.1013 and followed the steps again and every time now I get "Job creation aborted due to invalid AviSynth script". UGGGH!.

Edit2: Whenever I click on Config after the x264: *scratchpad* I get a Fatal error with something about value of '0' is not valid for 'Value'. Geez.

Edit 3: Downgraded to MeGUI 0.3.0.3001 and now it seems to be working... we'll see how it goes.. I changed the bitrate to "lossless" and now my estimated file size output was going upwards of 70gigs... so I changed the file size output back to 28.5GB and it's about 22 now. We'll see in about 2 hours...

Last edited: Feb 12, 2009
  2. odin24

odin24 Regular member

3. Poseidon9

Poseidon9 Member

So does this mean we don't have to convert to lpcm for lossless audio or what? How does this affect the process?

Last edited: Feb 19, 2009
  4. odin24

odin24 Regular member

No conversion neccesary.

5. Poseidon9

Poseidon9 Member

Perfect :) We still have to go through the whole eac3to process for DTS-MA audio though, correct?

6. odin24

odin24 Regular member

Not sure what you are referring to? You can demux with eac3to then remux to Blu-ray using tsMuxeR, you can now keep TrueHD... DTS HD-MA has always worked fine.

7. Poseidon9

Poseidon9 Member

Ok i just tested... you can't rip the blue-ray and go straight from the rip and create an m2ts stream to play on the PS3 with HD audio. You still have to demux the audio (TrueHD or DTS-MA)... import into eac3to... convert into a pcm stream... then finally remux the pcm stream and then h.264 video stream.

So I guess my question still stands... what does this NEW version do for someone wanting to rip blue-ray and stream to PS3 with lossless audio? Seems like I still have to go through every step of the original guide in the first post.

8. odin24

odin24 Regular member

I guess if your intentions all along were to stream the new version of tsMuxeR doesn't have any significance too yourself. However a lot of people used the eac3to to LPCM workaround because of the buggered TrueHD issue, now that it is fixed we have even more options.

9. Ryu77

Ryu77 Regular member

Excuse me for quoting such an old post but it amazes me how long this bug has been around for.

It happens if you try to type DTS HD with a "-" in between, as it's supposed to be...

DTS-HD

I informed DVDBack23 about 9 months ago about this but nothing changed.

Edit: Oh wow! It looks like it has finally been fixed! :-D

Last edited: Feb 26, 2009
  10. KidKappa

KidKappa Member

hey Odin, i've forgotten how to convert 7.1 DTS-MA for streaming capabilities, help a dude out??

11. odin24

odin24 Regular member

Use eac3to.

Code:
    eac3to.exe input.dtshd output.pcm
    With the latest tsMuxeR I believe raw PCM files are accepted, if not it will still need to be run through pcm2tsmu.

Code:
    pcm2tsmu.exe input.pcm output_fixed.pcm -c 8
    The "-c 8" tells pcm2tsmu the PCM file has 8 channels (7.1). Generally DTS HD-MA tracks are 24 bit, so no other switches are required for the "integer function", if you know it is 16 bit the you will need to add -i 16 before the -c switch.

I thought I heard that the latest tsMuxeR buggers up 7.1 PCM files, mixing up the channel order... i.e. Surround Left coming out of Surround Right, etc.. You may want to read up at the Doom9 forum, tsMuxeR thread... maybe 10 or so pages from the end.

12. KidKappa

KidKappa Member

yeah, the channels are swapping, i've looked for an answer on doom9 but i just registered and you can't post for 5 days. has anybody here had any luck getting 7.1 dts-hd to 7.1 or even 5.1 lpcm?

13. odin24

odin24 Regular member

Try demuxing the DTSHD-MA as .w64, it's a form of WAV that is acceptable to tsMuxeR, and is converted to LPCM on the fly (no need for pcm2tsmu anymore).

14. Zmeister

Zmeister Member

great tutorial man<i think>, really enjoyed it and found it useful
    keep up the good work

15. Fritzz81

Fritzz81 Member

Well it's been a few months since this thread has been touched, but I found it through Google, and so far has been great information.

I am a bit lost though, maybe the files are no longer available on the internet, but not sure what to do, so some guidance would be great.

Here's the issue that I am having.

I am going for Lossless audio. The BR disk I have has True-HD for the audio track. So trying to convert it to LPCM before I remux it all back together. I have gotten my ac3 file, which I now need to convert to LPCM. I select all the right settings according to the first post, prompt window comes up, and like it said nothing looks like it is happening, but I let it run for about 9 hours straight, while at work, came back and it was exactly yhe same.

I believe my issue lies in the Pcm2Tsmu.exe file. I found the links to the Doom9 forum, where I downloaded the file that was linked there. Only thing is that it's called Pcm2Tsmu13.7z. So I cropped off the 13.7z and called it Pcm2Tsmu.exe which is the file name it had to be when setting up "Eac3to and more gui". I am assuming that this is what is causing my hang up and not allowing me to conver the ac3 to an LPCM.

Were do I find the right file? How can I use the Pcm2Tsmu13.7z so that it will work correctly? At a bit of a loss right now, but hoping someone can shed some light.

Thanks

16. odin24

odin24 Regular member

Since this thread was started, and updated last for that matter, certain apps have come a long way... and because of this some have become obsolete.

For instance, Eac3to_and_more_Gui I think has not been updated since MeGUI has incorporated eac3to, and it uses it as a stream extractor for Blu and HDDVD processing.

tsMuxeR can now accept certain files then when it did when this thread was last updated, and eac3to can convert Lossless tracks (TrueHD/DTS Master) to this specific format (w64).

So.. what I suggest you do. Get MeGUI's latest version, I believe it's at 3.xx.xxx, let it do it's auto updates, it may need a few, you may need to manually update (from the settings, or options). Now use the stream extractor in the Tools section of MeGUI. You can now choose to demux TrueHD and DTS Master as .w64 and the conversion is as simple as that. Now all you need is the latest version of tsMuxeR.. and that can be found here, use tsMuxeR to remux the video and w64 track, which will convert to LPCM on the fly, and that's it. No need for Pcm2tsmu.

Maybe KidKappa, the initiator of this fine thread, can revisit it and update some of the processes and apps.

Thanks.

Last edited: Jul 14, 2009
  17. odin24

odin24 Regular member

Double post, deleted.

Last edited: Jul 14, 2009
  18. KidKappa

KidKappa Member

Pcm2Tsmu13.7z is a 7-zip file, kind of like a .rar file you just need to download 7zip and extract.

I haven't updated this thread in awhile because i'm just waiting for CloneBD to be released, and plus i've had no other problems so far. That being said I would take Odin's advice because like it says in the first post he walked me through it. If i get adventurous i'll try out some new methods but i believe CloneBD is fairly close and I'll be buying it as soon as it comes.

Hakuna Matata

19. odin24

odin24 Regular member

CloneBD? Is this a Slysoft product? Or are you refering to Clown_BD... or BD rebuilder. Even though CloneBD sounds promising this is a "How to Stream" thread, and even though it's been dormant for a while, it still continues to help others.

I think it would be good if you did update the main post... you know where to find me if you need help.

20. robert200

robert200 Member

Hi Guys - I want to thank you for this terrific thread! I've been going around in circles for a couple days trying to get my PS3 to play back audio from the .m2ts stream, and now I finally understand why its not. :)

I have a .m2ts from a blu-ray and want the utmost quality in audio and video. As I understand it the PS3 will not play back DTS-MA. That was my issue - I was including only the DTS-MA in the stream.

A few questions please:

1: For a blu-ray that includes DTS-MA HD that I want to stream to the PS3 over my network - what is the HIGHEST quality settings I can use?

2: I gathered that my answer to #1 above is .wav or .w64. Is that right? I used the tool in MeGUI that was just mentioned above. That looked like a 6Mbps stream so I figure its pretty good. HOWEVER - I kept getting this error: LPCM bad frame detected resync stream. This happens at the same spot (26.4% of the way through).

I am using the UPDATE feature and have everything up to date. Any idea how to get past this?

3: If there is a higher quality option for extracting sound that will play work for my purposes please let me know.

4: I also downloaded Clown BD but I was unsure of which of the audio options to select that would a) give me the highest quality sound possible, and b) be compatible with the PS3 streaming. Any tips?

Thank you.