1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Unable to decrypt

Discussion in 'Video problems with Mac' started by xaosai, Jan 15, 2005.

1. xaosai

xaosai Member

Hello all!

This is my first post, though I've been reading the wonderful posts on this site for quite some time. I recently tried to make a copy of an anime "Last Exile" vol. 1 -- After ripping with 0Sex OR MTR, when running DVD2one, I get a message saying that it is still decrypted. Has anyone else had this problem? Maybe its an updated encryption? Its Pioneer 2003. But I have another DVD thats also Pioneer 2003 that I'm able to rip. Any help would be appreciated.

2. xaosai

xaosai Member

update:

I dled DVDbackup and tested it using that. I get multiple errors in processing all the .VOB files. Does anyone know what could be going on?!

3. xaosai

xaosai Member

update:

OK. I think i've found a solution for anyone who might experience this problem in the future. I was reading the DVDbackup forums and found that you must scroll through the entire DVD using the apple DVD player first. Once you've done that, you can start decrypting. I have no idea why this works, but it fixed the problem for me. I'm assuming it will also free up MTR and 0Sex.

4. mediaguru

mediaguru Regular member

Playing the disc gives the reader the decryption keys. That is why you need to do that before using dvdbackup1.3.

MTR doesn't get the decryption keys from the reader so you don't need to do that.

You may have a ARcOOS encoded dvd. You'd need MTR 2.6 or higher for that.

5. RED_BULL

RED_BULL Guest

I had the same problem.
    I used MTR 2.6 to copy a dvd from Bottom.
    When i smalled it with dvdremaster it says that there is still a file that is decryped.I tried dvd2onex,it says the same.
    I copied again the dvd but no luck,again a file that is decyped.
    Then i tried popcorn,it worked.No message and played fine on dvdplayer.Strange!