1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Unmodded xbox with error 16

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware boot discussion' started by cheever13, Apr 20, 2009.

1. cheever13

cheever13 Member

I have a factory xbox that will only boot to error code 16. The front light flashes green and red. I have no access to a modded xbox but I do have a another unmodded working xbox. How do I go about fixing this xbox? It looks like it's either a dead hard drive or bad clock. Any help would be appreciated...especially if the solution is a free one. Thanks

2. cheever13

cheever13 Member

Nobody has any ideas here? I guess I'll take a bat to it like my buddy says.

3. xyteam

xyteam Member

error 16=dashboard files are missing or corrupt.
    best thing to do would be softmod it and run a completely new dash like unleashx.

4. varnull

varnull Guest

very hard to run a softmod if the box doesn't boot... try a cold boot of halo2 and if it starts go into the live settings.. wait for the update to complete and you should be good to go.,.. otherwise follow one of the 10 million error16 fix threads.

5. Swango

Swango Member

Just a guess but if its not missing files due to a faulty hdd you should be able to hotswap the drive and get an error 12 prior to getting the 16, copy the original dash files to the hdd and put the xbox ide cable back on the hdd and turn off the box. that would solve missing dash files.

http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/548462

complete tutorial there.