1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Updated dvdfab issues.

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by muzlum1, Feb 5, 2007.

1. muzlum1

muzlum1 Member

I have updated to newest dvdfab free edition. i burn with that then shrink with Dvd Shrink 3.2 . once it is done shrinking the movie and start the burn process it throws some sorta lock volume error. I will say ignore and it will keep burning but once the burn is down it wont finalize and it lock up on schyronizeing for hours?? any ideas.

2. laddyboy

laddyboy Regular member

Hi.

What program are you using for burning?

Also try Ripit4me which will automate the process for you with all free software.

http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/422740

Make sure your burner's firmware is up to date and that you're using good quality media like Verbatim, Taiyo Yuden, and Made in Japan labeled Sony and Fuji disks.

3. born2ride

born2ride Regular member

muzlum
    thats the only way i really burn my dvds. dvdfab then shrink with nero burn engine.
    your at 3.0.7.2 on dvdfab?
    what are you buring.movies
    once i a great while i will have to run fixvts before shrink..

laddyboy.
    do you use ripit only?

Last edited: Feb 6, 2007
  4. laddyboy

laddyboy Regular member

Ripit4me is good for the Sony schemes. It works for everything it seems. For other than Sony schemes, it really doesn't matter which software one uses. The problem with DDFab Decrypter (it's a great program at any rate), is that you don't know whether you need to run the ripped files through FixVTS or Vobblanker to clean them up or not. If Shrink or Recode fail, you need to go back and clean them up with one of those two programs. You might as well just go ahead and do it for all rips and you're back to the same place as Ripitme with DVD Decrypter. The advantage is that Ripit4me in 1-Click mode does all this for you.

5. kitty66

kitty66 Regular member

@laddyboy - thank you! I had no idea what made dvdfab a little different now I do. So fab does not use vobb or fixvts? I have always had better results with ripit, this must be why. Also, I must say I hear House of Pain every time I read your nickname. Thanks again.

6. born2ride

born2ride Regular member

laddyboy
    thanks for the infor did not think about it that way. but i have only a few that i went back and used fixit on.i guess a matter of preference. i like dvdfab for some reason. i have used rip it only a handful of times. it seems to take longer with ripit. in the early stages i would use ripit then the dvd would not play in my older dvd players. thats when i first started learn how to burn dvd. never really figured out y that happened. has not happen in a while.

7. laddyboy

laddyboy Regular member

You're welcome.

Here's the deal.

AnyDVD basically uses FixVTS to remove unreferenced/blank cells while decrypting.

Ripit4me incorporates FixVTS to clean up the ripped files.

DVDFab Decrypter, while decrypting and recreating proper file structure, does not have a built-in scrubber. Some ripped titles do not require scrubbing, some do. If you use DVDFab Decrypter and then DecDVD Shrink or Nero Recde and they choke on the ripped files, just go back and process the ripped files through FixVTS or Vobblanker. That'll usually fix them up for further processing by Shrink and Recode.

8. born2ride

born2ride Regular member

laddyboy
    i been dying to try vobblanker. but seem like there never enough time in a day to do everything..learning these programs take me alot of time. so i normal stick with whats working until i have a problem. then its time to play..thanks

9. muzlum1

muzlum1 Member

Well i found out what my concern was i think. After i use dvdfab then use dvd shrink 3.2 and it shrink and it gives me option to select main movie or bouns features or whatever then you click backup. I was clicking the title of the movie which would copy it all thats when i had problem. Now i only click main movie and it burns fine . Anyone ever have issue like that?

10. laddyboy

laddyboy Regular member

I don't see any reason that would cause a lock volume error you described.