1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Using DVD2OneX Dosen't make it small enough

Discussion in 'Video problems with Mac' started by nathan360, Oct 19, 2003.

1. nathan360

nathan360 Member

Please Help!!
    When i use Dvd2onex to burn a copy of Matrix revolutions i am having problems when i use the program and put the files in Tost after it encodes before it burns it says it is too large to burn to a dvd like a 100 megs or so. i have tried to change the size of the file and it seams to do no difference i take that number down like 300 megs and it always seems to make it the same size and it does no good. i have also tried to use osex or whatever and split it on 2 dvd's using dvd studio pro i can get the first dvd to work wonderfuly but when i do the same thing i can't get the audio to work. It can't be opened in dvd studio pro. but the first time i do it it works. i don't know what is done. I am using toast 6 if that helps and dvdstudio 1.5 i have just gotten sizzle to see it that will work but i dont know.
    Please tell me any ideas on how dvd2onex really works it would be nice if a company would include a pdf on how to use their damn program. Thanks everone... >;(

2. drTree

drTree Member

File to big?
    Just use the User Defied botton, and make the file smaller.
    So instead of 4472 Mb change it into 4432 Mb.

3. nathan360

nathan360 Member

I have tried that and when i drop the file into toast 6 it gives me a message after it encodes it to burn that it is like a hundred megs to big i have even droped the size like 400 megs just to accomidate but with no luck n the dvds i just drop it on the window of the dvd maker in toast is there a better way to do it??? Tnaks

4. idoia

idoia Member

I have the exact same problem. The output box should let you decide the size of the movie you want, but it does not it kept on compressing at the same rate.
    hum

5. tenbob

tenbob Member

Whassa problem wiv burning to two discs on this one occasion?

6. idoia

idoia Member

it is just that DVDoneX is supposed to compress it for you so you do not need two dvd.
    it is also disappointing to use 2 dvdr for a few mb over.

7. tenbob

tenbob Member

Agreed!

8. Bannes

Bannes Member

I had the same problem with one or two movies, but it worked like a charm after I'd set the rate to 'constant'.
    Have you tried this?

good luck

9. idoia

idoia Member

Oh.....I even tried to restart my computer !
    Thanks anyway.
    Alex

10. nbr10

nbr10 Member

idoia

I replied to your post in the DVD2One forum as well. Didn't see until reading here that you had tried the "user specified" size option.

I have only encountered this with "Charlies Angels 2" and I just kept lowing the size until it made a file small enough to fit.

You can try turning the compression ratio to constant as was suggested above but I have heard the quality can suffer on longer movies.

Also make sure that you are not running the already compressed video back through each time you adjust the size in DVD2one. Make sure you are using the files created by the ripping app.

11. triglyph

triglyph Guest

"Whassa problem wiv burning to two discs on this one occasion? "

Are you saying that DVD2oneX can be used to split a movie to two disks? That's exactly what I need. I don't want to compress the movie any more than it already is and I don't mind putting it on multiple DVD-R.

How would I do this in DVD2oneX? If that won't work, what other software would?

Thanks

12. nathan360

nathan360 Member

Hey I guess that i have finally figgured out the answer to my problem. I am using a G5 1.8 and superdrive. Setting the ratio to constant is the best way i have found never had a single problem since. also i am using dvdbackup i think it is superior to OSEX. I have burned Xmen 2, charlies angles, sex and the city, Tomb Raider 2. It is the best way i have found to do it. THANKS TO ALL YOUR HELP

13. Karl41

Karl41 Member

To split movies Easy Video Splitter is a good programme.Very easy to use, and can be done manually or automatically. Try it, You will like.

Karl

14. drTree

drTree Member

Use the Join-function twice. It removes the menus, but keeps everything in order.
    First halve chapters on DVD1, the rest on the 2nd.

15. drTree

drTree Member

Oeps, how did y get Revolutions so soon?

I bought Reloaded. With the Join-function I put the main extra's(the Chase en Preload) together with the movie. Really 2 to 1(without menus...)