1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

V180 - I need your help. Badly.

Discussion in 'Motorola phones' started by sidrage, Apr 6, 2005.

1. sidrage

sidrage Member

all right im normaly pretty good with the whole using phones and computers thing to get ring tones.. but my girlfriend just got a V180 and im sure it can play MP3's and i've read up and down this site and have downloaded every driver and program alike to make it work.. but if i could bug someone one this site to give me a step by step..

like download this file [here]

and install this driver [here]

because im about to go nuts because nothing seems to work with this thing.. yes i have the cable and the phone.. its about 3 days old and its driving me nuts all ready.. any help would be greatly thanked..
    -dg

2. jlavah

jlavah Regular member

3. sidrage

sidrage Member

when i click to install "USBMOT2000"

it says..

"" the specified location does not contain information abour your hardware ""

and thats it.. im stuck again.. anyone please help out im going nuts

4. tsisK

tsisK Member

I think u need to find the usb modem driver for the moto v180 and the mobile phone tool. I have a moto v180 as well and thanks to all the ppls in here..I got it to work.
    First, I download the motorola phone tool. I think it was the latest version. I also downloaded the usbmodem driver because I'm using the usb cable.
    After you download the usb modem, you need to unzip the file into a folder. plug in the usb cable to the usb port then plug it into your phone. The computer will say something like.."new hardware found" etc..and you will have to tell it where to find the driver. You will click on browse and select the folder where you unzip the usb modem driver. select the folder of your OS (operation system)like if you have windows xp then select the xp folder and click ok.
    This should locate the driver for the moto v180. After the computer finds the driver for it, you can load the mobile phone tool. When I install the mobile phone tool. it said something like Its missing some files..but i just click on ignore or skip..something like that..and it install it..it works fine for me..
    Try that to see if it works for you.

Try this thread. you can find the motorola phone tool here..
    http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/143048

if you can't find the usb modem driver then let me know..and I can send u the file.

It can play mp3 file but I dont know how much or big it can hold up to..

5. gixxerbf

gixxerbf Member

hey tsis

looks like I need the usb driver. I got a disk but it wont upload. I would appreciate the help. I got MTP but my phone isnt in there and it says my phone aint connected. This site is awesome