1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Video/Audio sync issues.....again......

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by sonnet79, May 7, 2007.

1. sonnet79

sonnet79 Member

Hi Guys,

Hopefully this is a fairly simple issue that somebody may be able to help me with.

I've used NeroVision for a long long time without any issues in the past. I recently reformatted my laptop and have come to my first DVD project since the reinstall, though i'm having sync problems.

The Video clip I'm trying to work with has been encoded using the Xvid codec @ 23fps, audio is using AC3.

The audio appears to be around 5 seconds ahead of the Video. The audio appears to be running at around the right speed, though the video appears to be slowed down.

Does anyone know why this might be happening? Is there maybe some sort of codec pack I should be installing? I'm using the K-lite pack, and when watching the clip in windows media player it runs in sync perfectly.

Any help you guys could offer, would be greatfully recieved!

S79

2. attar

attar Senior member

So this is one avi file with a sync problem, not a general problem?

From 'Mistycat' Drag your file into the top window, highlight it and select "generate data". In the lower window' highlight the audio and if anything other than 0 appears to the right, select "start" and in a minute or two you'll have a new file to use.

AVIMux
    http://aubrun.jeanpierre.free.fr/avimux/avimux04.zip

3. sonnet79

sonnet79 Member

Thanks Attar, it's actually a more general problem, which i didn't really make clear in my original post, however I have found a resolution for this issue, which I'll detail in a sec. Thanks for the link and the advice regarding fixing a 'dodgy' AVI. I have had need for this kind of thing in the past, so it's good to have an option now.

To fix my issue, I replaced the nevideo.ax and neaudio2.ax files, with copies from v.7.0.0, and it solved the problem!

Thanks again attar!

S79

Last edited: May 13, 2007
  4. soham10

soham10 Member

To fix my issue, I replaced the nevideo.ax and neaudio2.ax files, with copies from v.7.0.0, and it solved the problem!

i have exactly teh same problem but its to do with tv show that i downloaded. few episodes are have sync issues video slower than audio. what do you mean by above nevideo?

5. sonnet79

sonnet79 Member

These are two files that Nero will use to encode the input video to its outputted format.

My advice would be to make sure you have the Combined Community Codec Pack installed. If you then go to the following folder on your hard drive:

C:\Program Files\Common Files\Ahead\DSFilter

Within this folder you should find these two files:

NeVideo.ax
    NeAudio2.ax

Change the name of these files, so you have them as a backup. I renamed them like so:

NeVideo.ax.backup
    NeAudio2.ax.backup

Download the file that I uploaded here:

Download Here

And extract the contents to your 'C:\Program Files\Common Files\Ahead\DSFilter' folder.

Let us know how you get on!

S79

6. GPK5050

GPK5050 Member

Hi..

What version of Nero are you replacing these files into?

Thanks...

Greg

7. nekocj

nekocj Guest

do we have to sign up to get it or is it supposed to start downloading automatically? Where do you get a combined community codec?

-CJ

8. sonnet79

sonnet79 Member

I applied this fix on V7.8.5.0, but I'm assuming it'll work with older versions too.

S79

9. Zapattack

Zapattack Member

That's weird. I used the 7850 files to fix 7960!

Disabling NeAudio2 and NeVideo allowed Showtime to play my files properly,
    but NeroVision crashed in the preview step until I installed the older versions.
    This proves NeroVision doesn't use Showime to play the files, or does Showtime default to other codecs?

10. Fiends

Fiends Member

The files you gave us have Video and Audio with no 2. Do I need to rename it with a 2 or shall I leave it as is? Also, it won't let me add any files to the a burn project, it keeps saying "Unable to insert (filename)"...

Last edited: Jun 28, 2007
  11. spetragl

spetragl Member

I tried the above fix and ran into the same problem, no matching NeAudio2.ax file.

Has anyone gotten NeroVision 4.9.6.6 to Play/Edit AVI with the Audio and Video in Synch?

12. Fiends

Fiends Member

Well I downloaded a pirated version of Nero since my legal version doesn't work. The pirated version works and I am going to try burning and tell you the results ASAP!

13. spetragl

spetragl Member

I saw a post by Gwendolyn:
    http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/379172

Under Start --> Run: type in (or copy and paste)

regsvr32 /u "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Ahead\DSFilter\NeAudio2.ax"
    regsvr32 /u "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Ahead\DSFilter\NeVideo.ax"

After doing so, Nero Vision's preview window will play OK, unless I jump ahead. The video just stops and the audio keeps playing.
    I'm trying a Burn to a DVD to see if it fixes the Sync problem.

14. Fiends

Fiends Member

It's funny, I fixed the problem merely by downloading a pirated version of Nero. I just put "Sicko" on a DVD and it works perfectly!

15. spetragl

spetragl Member

Reverting back to an older version or Nero would put back the older NeAudio.ax and NeVideo.ax versions which do work.

16. spetragl

spetragl Member

Just to let you know, by Unregistering those 2 Nero Codecs, I was able to Burn a good DVD (in synch). The only downside is that the Nero Vision Edit window locks up on the Video now. So I guess this is a partial fix until Nero fixes those A/V files.

17. NuckNFuts

NuckNFuts Regular member

Here's what's working for me. I have the Retail CD of Ultra Suite v7.0.0.0 w/ Vision v7.0.0.1. It does not have the file w/ "2" either but. And when doing as described some things worked and others didn't. Updated to several on the way and only 3 ever worked for me (v7.0.1.2, v7.2.3.1, v7.5.7.0, v7.7.5.1, v7.8.5.0) and now currently on v7.9.6.0 with the mod fix. Only v7.0.0.0, v7.0.1.2, and v7.5.7.0 ever worked but v7.5 had occasional crashes when working too fast for app.

When copied over (old DSF files) I can load, edit and burn xvid to DVD vob/ifo and all is in synk. However, Nero ShowTime will no longer load DVD vob/ifo file for playback but the origional Xvid avi plays fine. I copy the v7960 bk in and all is bk to beore. So I figured I can copy old in for editing and new bk in for playback. It's a pain, but it works for now till I get to test v8.0.3.1

18. NuckNFuts

NuckNFuts Regular member

Here's my past experience on this as reported in other forums.

Since Nero Suite v7.2.3.1, I continued to have sync issues and it led to vid sinc issues with my other media conversion apps such as AutoGK for DVD vob/ifo to Xvid or Divx. I do know I had upped one AMD rig w/ X2 4400 on nF4 and it worked fine. It had issues with showtime on my Intel E6600 on !975x. On a notebook w/ T7200 on !945GM it effected my movie creation in Adobe Premiere Elements 3.0. On the E6600 rig it faild most xvid but on occassion wil transcode a few but mostly non xvid. It was such a prob, I had to do a 10min sync test burn to folder to make sure it payed. But usually the hint was it was already out of sync during editing.

Please get back with any new findings you guys come up with, I'm sure we'll get it.

As describe by many, It is the video not transcoding to par. Cause if I only copy the NeVideo.ax it doesn't act any different. Still wont pldy DVD in showtime.

19. spetragl

spetragl Member

Download the latest version of Nero (7.10.1.0). It contains Nero Vision (4.9.7.2) which no longer has the synch problem.

20. NuckNFuts

NuckNFuts Regular member

K, sounds good, but since last night, I was able to experiment on another PC to find that the Intel rig w/ v7.9.6.0 in it was fixed if I used the NeAudio2.ax + NeVideo.ax from a working install of v7.5.7.0 from AMD rig. This worked for both NeroVision and Showtime.
    However, now when I go to the 1st Intel w/ v7.0.0.0, I can not remove it (even via the CD removal menue). I used a Nero clean tool from the net to clean the Nero installs but it left some stuff behind and now. I just got the new v8.0.3.0 and it too has a set up removal to remove the old versions but it cant do it either now.
    What is a workaround on this (W/O a new OS install)?

Thankx in advanced!