1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Video_TS doesn't play after burn

Discussion in 'Video problems with Mac' started by gique, Jul 23, 2004.

1. gique

gique Member

Hi,
    Ima newbie. I have spent over an hour at this site looking for my question, so hopefuly I'm not being redundant.
    I am five coasters into trying to copy and burn my first DVD movie.
    I am on Panther with a G4. I am using a Lacie Porsche 4x burner. I am using hp DVD-R. I extracted with DVD backup. The movie is 4.3 gigs so I didn't use DVD2ONE. I used DVD Shrink 1.2 to make a .img. It created an image with the Audio_TS folder. The Video_TS folder has a .DS_Store file in it. The original DVD has some files that are not in my .img:AUTORUN.INF,dvd-rom.exe,go.exe, and a JACKET_P folder. I went to OS9 and used Toast 5.2.3. I selected Disc Image and dropped the .img file into the window and burned. I keep getting DVDs that do not play on my stand alone. The burned DVD will not play in Panther's DVD player (error -100007), OS9 DVD player will play it if I point to the VIDEO_TS folder, but says "no disc" if I don't point to the folder. The extracted VIDEO_TS folder that is sitting on my hard drive plays fine in DVD player, so I'm guessing that something goes wrong in the burning stage. Can someone help, I don't know what to do.. TIA ;)

2. gique

gique Member

oops a typo correction, I used DVD Imager 1.2 not DVD Shrink to make the .img file

3. Londor

Londor Guest

Instead of using Toast to burn the image do it with Disk Utility
    (Applications/Utilities/Disk Utility). Just press the burn icon
    and select the image you got from DVDImager. That should
    do it.

PS: To create the image just drop the VIDEO_TS folder you got
    from DVDBackup onto the DVDImager window.
    Also do everythig on Panther, there is no need to boot into
    OS9.
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small][​IMG][​IMG][/small]

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 23, 2004
  4. gique

gique Member

Thanks for such a quick response, L. Well now it reads in DVD player without saying no disc, but still doesn't work with my Panasonic DVD player, nor Playstation. So it's not Toast... Maybe I'll try copying a different DVD. Fell free to give more suggestions if you have any, thanks.

5. Londor

Londor Guest

Has the VIDEO_TS folder you get from DVDBackup a .DS_Store file? It should not have one.

PS. Try ripping it again

1. Open DVDBackup
    2. Insert the DVD and let DVDPlayer start playing the disc
    3. Quit DVDPlayer
    4. Drag the DVD onto the DVDBackup window
    5. Process the files
    6. Get the VIDEO_TS folder and drop it onto DVDImager
    7. Burn the image with Disk Utility.

6. gique

gique Member

Londor,
    DVD Imager is creating the .DS_store file. When I use DVD Backup I choose the option for all regions. Are you sure that I don't need the files:AUTORUN.INF,dvd-rom.exe,go.exe and the JACKET_P folder from the original? This DVD just came out, maybe it has some new format?

7. Londor

Londor Guest

Are you opening the image? You do not have to. You have to burn the image as it is.

You do not need all those files.

Open DVDPlayer, click on "File" and select "Open VIDEO_TS folder" then choose the one you got from DVDBackup. Now press play on the DVDPlayer controler. Does the movie play?

When you insert the DVD in your computer does it play as a commercial one? I mean does DVDPlayer launch automatically and starts playing the movie?

8. gique

gique Member

Under OS9 my copied DVD automatically loads DVD Player, but does not play the DVD until I hit play. In Panther, it opens DVD Player but does nothing, and says "Not Permited" if I hit play, menu etc. If I try to load the VIDEO_TS folder in Panther DVD player, it says error -70001

9. gique

gique Member

Another note, the hp DVD+R says RW on it, does that matter?

10. Londor

Londor Guest

Of course it does matter. Buy DVD-R media (it is the only format that will play video on a computer using Panther and it is compatible with most stand-alone players including the PS2) and not DVD-RW, DVD+R or DVD+RW and your problems will disappear.

11. gique

gique Member

OK, glad you cleared that up, thanks London, you're the best. ;)