1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Vista and Anydvd , Dvd Fab, Dvd Shrink , Decrypter ect...

Discussion in 'Windows - Software discussion' started by BIGTOXY69, Jun 21, 2008.

1. BIGTOXY69

BIGTOXY69 Regular member

Vista and Anydvd , Dvd Fab, Dvd Shrink , Decrypter ect...Being we're pretty much being Forced To Abandon XP by Microsoft !!! Atleast if your buying a new premade computer ! Are There any conflicts between Vista and the above mentioned Programs and any of the others one may use to Rip,Burn & or edit DVD's also Does Vista Conflict with either Roxio or Nero ? Thanx gang & Happy Burning !!!!!!!!!!!

2. 7thsinger

7thsinger Regular member

On my Vista set-up i use:

DvdFab Hd Decrypter

DvdShrink

FixVts

Imgburn

Dvd Decrypter

VobBlanker

Dvd Flick
    ( i think those are all the ones on that pc...but i'm not in front of it right now :D )
    No problems. Sometimes it may be necessary to run programs in compatability mode.

3. LOCOENG

LOCOENG Moderator Staff Member

4. BIGTOXY69

BIGTOXY69 Regular member

LOCOENG- Thanks So Much You went over and above the call of duty on that one But I'm Not ComplaIning ! And Thanks to all The others as well . I'm Thinking Seriously about a New Puter !!!! and Trying To decide between A new Computer with XP/Xp-Pro or Vista That's decision one ! Then I've got to decided whether to Buy The New Dell or Buy A Refurbed Gateway out of Two models That are $100.00 apart in price The more Expensive has 500Gb more hDD and BLu-ray and lot's of extras That I probably won't Need ? I"ve been getting Some sage Advice From Cincyrob which helps lots ! As Dirty Harry would say " A man's gotta Know his Limitations!!!" And Not bieng A Computer Building Genuis like The rest of You I'm Leaning Towards Prebuilt ! I have My local Repair and sales shop they do good repair work & at reasonable Prices But Their Custom Made Computers While not all Biege or White Monstrosities are Easy Beat By a Name Brand Box right of the Shelf in Performance and price ! Oh well again thanx one and all And good luck as well Ciao!

Last edited: Jun 21, 2008
  5. LOCOENG

When I built my new PC I had no intentions of going to Vista, but I had some driver issues that were solved instantly when I put Vista on my machine. I was one of the naysayers who swore to never go to Vista, but I'm happy that I did. It's a little different than XP, but looks a whole lot better and with the new powerful machines that you get these days with lots of RAM and big CPU's the performance issues aren't what they were once claimed to be.

Rob and I both built new PC's with no experience what so ever. I had installed HDD's, ODD's and RAM before, but buying it all and putting it together to make a working machine I always thought would be over my head. I'm sure we could get you a screaming rig if you want help building one yourself, just ask.

6. BIGTOXY69

BIGTOXY69 Regular member

LOCOENG- Well I have installed Ram , Hard and Optical Drives and Made my own external DVD Burner But That's about It ! For My technical skills ! Still I appreciate the Gracious offer and May even Take you up on it ! Just another In a long list of decisions To MaKe ! LOL!! sad but true ! anyways again thanks To You & Cincyrob & everyone At afterdawn.com Your always there to help & it's appreciated believe Me !!!!!!!!!!

7. elliott

elliott Regular member

Vista Rocks all those negative bloggers are just full of it I have had no problems running
    dvd shrink
    dvdfab hd decrypter
    dvd decrypter
    convertx to dvd
    img burn
    auto gk
    cucusoft software
    any video converter

and for that matter any games compatible with windows xp or windows 2000

Windows Vista Ultimate SP1
    AMD Athlon 64 X2 4200 2.2ghz
    2gb PC6400 800MHZ
    512mb Nvidia 8500 gt pcie 16x
    Lite-on 16x dvdrw
    160gb Excelstor Pata hd
    MSI K9VGMV AM2

8. casper499

casper499 Guest

Somewhat off subject of vista, I am continuously getting CRC data errors everytime I use DVDFab and DVD Shrink and/or imgburn. I have done everything I know and can think of and still cannot avoind this crap. Does anyone have suggestions? I have tried several different DVD's, I have even tried buying an external DVD burner thinking maybe my DVD-rom was bad. I also complete reformatted my hard drive and lost a lot of info thinking it was a virus or something. Please help?!

9. elliott

elliott Regular member

I have no issues using vista with those programs make sure to install all your vista updates then reinstall the programs latest versions of dvdfab hd decrypter, the only notice i get is when dvd decrypter finishes burning it says some error but the disc is fine and playable

10. casper499

casper499 Guest

Thank you Elliot. I am still on XP. So I don't know if this is one of the issues. I was thinking it could be my video card or something, considering I have tried so may different things. Sometimes I get the error in DVDFab, or the movie copies fine and then it will give me the CRC error when I try to shrink. Many times it will let me copy with DVDFab, shrink with DVD Shrink and then while I'm burning it will stop somewhere in the middle and give me the same CRC error message. Yet again wasting another DVD. I've tried 6 different burning programs (not DVDFab's though, I don't have the money to upgrade), getting the external drive and many hours on the phone with Costco whom I bought the computer from. They were not much help. They just told me to reformat the hard drive. Do you have any other thoughts on what it could be? Or maybe my computer is fried? It's only 2 years old so that would suck. Thank you again and please let me know what you think.

11. elliott

elliott Regular member

Costco???
    What brand is your pc please try to post what model number and all pertinent info, if you can open the box and tell me what model number and brand the motherboard is this will help in trouble shooting you may need updated drivers for you pc, and or your dvd drive, I realize you purchased a usb external drive but when all else fails go back to the basics. Since you recently reformatted we can elimnate any potential viruses or spyware, yet another thing to consider is possibly other software conflicts but we need to start with the basics first. ONe last thing have u gone to windows update and selected custom update to get all the latest software, hardware and optional software inlcuding service pack 3. It's very important to get everything updated.

12. LOCOENG

Are you getting the error during the transcode or during the burn? DVD Shrink doesn't have a burn engine. If you are getting the error with DVD Shrink then your rip is corrupt and you need to rip with a different program or update the one that you are using. If the CRC error comes during the burn then it is a drive/firmware/disc quality issue. Please post a burn log from Imgburn of a failed burn for us to look at.

13. casper499

casper499 Guest

Thank you Elliot and Locoeng. I am right now updating everything on windows including service pack 3. The model is HP DV4155CL. I will do all the updating and then try the whole process again. If I get the error while burning I will post it here. I don't seem to get the CRC error message while ripping, I am using the newest version of DVDFab. I either get it during DVDShrink or IMGBurn. I've used several movies and I've tried doing the same movie several times. When doing the same movie, I will get the error at different times, so I know it's not a bad disc that I'm ripping. I'm not sure about opening the computer to see that brand of hard drive. I have never done that with a laptop and am unsure if I will damage it. If it is farely simple, then I can do that as well. I will attempt to burn again tonight and reply with the results tomorrow. Again, thank you and any info given is much appreciated.

14. casper499

casper499 Guest

Hi guys, I did all the updating including service pack 3 and then attempted the whole process again. Again, the movie ripped fine, then at 20% on DVDShrink it stopped and gave me the same damn error I seen too many times. There was no log but this is what it said,

DVD Shrink encountered an error and cannot continue.
    Failed to read file "C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Desktop\FullDisc\THENOTEBOOK\VIDEO_TS\VTS_03_1.VOB"
    Data Error (Cyclic Redundancy Check).

I had attepmted to save this one on the desktop as when I save in different places besides my documents, it seems to get further in the process. This time it didn't, so obviously that makes no difference. So again, no luck. Thanks again for trying to help.

15. LOCOENG

It's a bad rip, rerip with the latest version of DVDFab HD Decrypter and then try DVD Shrink again.

16. casper499

casper499 Guest

Ok, so I tried to rip it again, same exact error. So I tried 2 more movies, same error. I am using DVDFab 5.0.6.0. As far as I can find, this is the newest version. I can't even get past the shrinking now. Before I installed the windows updates, I could normally get to the burning process before it would give me the same CRC error. It seems no matter what avenue I take I get the same exact message. Could it be the hard drive? I've spent probably 100 hours trying everything and to no avail. Any other suggestions. I also tried using internal and external again after all the updates. Thank you again.

17. LOCOENG

The error indicates that VTS03_1.VOB is missing or corrupt, that is why DVD Shrink is choking and spitting the movie out. This is typically due to a bad rip. Are you backing up the entire disc or the movie only?

18. casper499

casper499 Guest

I'm backing up the full disc. A couple of the discs I tried to back up were brand new. I don't know why I can't get a good rip. This is why I thought it might be a bad DVDRom but after getting the external I know that's not the issue. I would prefer to backup the full disc. Do you think doing just the main movie might help?

19. LOCOENG

You could try to run the movie through FixVTS first and if that doesn't work I would try main movie only.

20. casper499

casper499 Guest

I attempted to run FixVTS and when I chose Full DVD, it ran for some time, looking like it went through several different files, then at one point, it froze up and made my computer freeze as well so I had to abort. I have no idea what that means. Sorry to take up so much of your time. Thank you.