1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Want to restore your Microsoft Dashboard to it's Retail State? Read Inside.

Discussion in 'Xbox - Software discussion' started by Mik3h, Sep 28, 2006.

1. michaelw1

michaelw1 Member

i can load games but i deleted the linux saves and i cant put them back on cuz there no dash board to go 2 so i cant launch the softmod again

2. Mik3h

Mik3h Regular member

3. Nealbert

Nealbert Member

well if you can play burnt games theres a different and a much easier way to go about that

4. michaelw1

michaelw1 Member

how does that help? i dont get it

5. Nealbert

Nealbert Member

well... if you can play burnt discs on your xbox that means its still modded, but it just doesn't have the msdash and it is trying to boot to it. so all you have to do is get the spider reflash cd which is able to ftp to your box where you can change your default dash to a different one instead of the microsoft dash.

6. gusoso

gusoso Member

hey guys: i have a problem with my xbox ,the hard drive is completely deleted and i would like to get the original software on it .can someone help me? . I already tried the MIK3H method dragging the files to a new hard drive and it didn't work. Please somebody help!!!

7. tabletpc

tabletpc Guest

of course you could just download slayers evox installer disk and have it use the restore feature to restore the hard drive to the stock condition

8. michaelw1

michaelw1 Member

ok how do i get a slayer disc or how do i burn a disc and where do i find it

9. Nealbert

Nealbert Member

well first off if your harddrive got deleted you can't use it. unless you find out your eeprom. which there are ways to read your eeprom code from your motherboard. but i dont' know exactly how to do that but all you gotta do is google eeprom reader or eeprom motherboard reader or somethign. you should find something fairly quickly. but yea once you have that all you need to get is slayers or one of the installers. or if u could find the files from someone just use xboxhd which i think you'll have to use neways to set up your xbox with the eeprom and files

10. vannatco

vannatco Guest

hey i am not that good with computers uve probably already told someone how to do this but computer langauge not really all that great with it i need the xbox dash back now i have deleted the splnter cell file from my hardrive but i have it on a memory card if that helps i can play and save game just no dashboard i wanted to make it stock so i could trade it in and get a 360 plz help if ur there

11. mikerahl

mikerahl Member

great tutorial i just have a couple of questions

1.) Will this work if you buggered something up un-installing a softmod

2.) If so, do i need to delete anything on the E drive? (i really have no attachment to save files, all of the updated ones are on a bigger hdd anyways)

3.) Will i safely be able to go onto xbox live?

12. Mik3h

Mik3h Regular member

After restoring it to it's retail state, yes it will be safe, and you can fix a messed up softmod with the tutorial as you will be able to access the microsoft dashboard therefore launch splinter cell or whatever game you use to trigger the SID menu and can then re-install the softmod.

-Mike

13. goldrif

goldrif Member

Greetings.

I HAD a softmodded xbox, and when I did I was a noob. So, I wanted to make my E: partition bigger so that I could install more ROMS.
    Unfortuanly, I think I repartitioned the C: drive by mistake because I didn't know which button was the cancel button and it turns out it was the OK button on my game controller.

Now, I get an error 21, I can play retail games with no problem. I can't play Backup CD's, I can't access my Xbox HDD from the main menu. I don't have any sort of EEPROM backed up. I have tried to re-install the SID3.1 program but when I put the disk in, it asks me to Format the C: and E: drive and then asks if I want to format an F: drive. Halfway through the reformat it tells me that I do not have enough Free space and that I sould FTP into the xbox.

I have tried to FTP into the Xbox, but without a dashboard I am not having any luck, I have tried to unlock the HDD and HotSwap using Xplorer360 however, the program will not find any FATX drive. I have tried to use XBOXHDDM however the program will only recognize my HDD when it's Locked. when it is unlocked it does not recogize anything..

I have a Mod chip, I have tried to use it to reboot into and re install the MS DASH files but the Mod chip flashes red which means it's not working.

I apparently have lost all my back up files on my HDD otherwise I could use the MECHASSULT Linux soft-mod method..but I can't because the files are gone...

any Ideas on how to set my HDD to the retail setting so that I can start over would be great. Currently the onlything I can do is play retail games but cannot access any savecards what so ever.

Thanks

P.S. is there a *small sized* bootable file that will reset the Xbox?

Last edited: Dec 13, 2006
  14. Mik3h

Mik3h Regular member

Can you still boot to the softmod installation menu? Because this open's a temporary FTP link you can connect through and fix the files.

-Mike

15. goldrif

goldrif Member

Sorry, no I can't. I get the Microsoft Logo and then it goes to Error 21..

I have been reading up and I read somthing about making an Eeprom reader with parts from RadioShack.. (on this forum) http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/357863

I might have to go that route since I think it would be a very good Idea to have my Eeprom and HDD password.
    at least then I can unlock my HDD using that one linux program
    thanks for the help :)

16. Raymon117

Raymon117 Guest

The second method

Ok, so you cannot FTP to your Xbox and you still need it fixed? Ok. Well, the second method would be to make a Data DVD with software like Nero. Simply make a Data DVD of the microsoft files, and put it in your Xbox, and use an file explorer program for your Xbox and move all the files from D(disc drive) to C(msdashboard).
    ---------------------------------------------------
    How would you run a "file explorer" program if your xbox has no dash and
    without game in drive it goes to error 21... Can I make some data disk without use of a modchip for I have none..?>/...

17. FakeMagic

FakeMagic Member

I used this tutorial, went through it step by step and downloaded the links you posted. But for some reason I get error 21 everytime I try to access my dashboard, I cannot play any games besides my copy of splinter cell. They all give me the same error.

18. bsa325

bsa325 Member

19. Mik3h

Mik3h Regular member

I think it's the black or white buttons to copy files? Just have a mess around with the buttons till you find out. I'm sure it will tell you somewhere on screen what the buttons do.

-Mike

20. playhalo2

playhalo2 Member

Excuse the Great Wall of Text

yo guys i have a problem...

i softmodded my xbox a long time ago and played around with it that was probably in Janurary, and now I wanted to unmod my dash so i read the tut and it was going good until i copied the MS Dash files over to the xbox. I copied them twice on accident and i didnt realize until i restarted my xbox to see if it worked and it just gives me error 21. so i looked on my screen and the files were still up but i couldnt delete i could only navigate through folders. i deleted the linux files and cant find my splinter cell game so i cant reinstall the softmod or go to an ftpable dash. i absouletely am not opening my xbox at all. as you can see i will probably do something stupid then and mess it up so bad it cant even play games so i am not opening it. is there any way i could restore MS dash or Evolution X dash? t this point i could care less wich on ebut i prefer MS. If anyone read this even thanks! lol