1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Watching DVDs through terminal services

Discussion in 'Video - Software discussion' started by Insite, Sep 13, 2002.

1. Insite

Insite Guest

I run terminal services on one of my servers. I like to connect to it from work and put together my DVD-Rs during the day so that when I get home, I can burn them (transcoding takes awhile; might as well do it when I'm not home). Problem is, no DVD software that I've used will let you watch a movie from a Terminal Services client. I like to check my final results to make sure that I'm good to go from my hard drive before I burn. Only solution I've found is VNC, but I HATE leaving that port open with an insecure client running. Any ideas??

2. jnihil

jnihil Moderator Staff Member

3. Insite

Insite Guest

Yeah, with VNC I can only really tell if the project is actually playing. With terminal services, I don't think it would be all that bad (T1 to T1). VNC's compression sucks.

4. dRD

dRD I hate titles Staff Member

5. Insite

Insite Guest

That's what i use. Regular VNC REALLY sucks for compression. Haven't tried it through RemotelyAnywhere yet. That tends to be fairly fast. Still not as fast as Terminal Services, though.