1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

were should i start?

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware boot discussion' started by trreherd, Apr 9, 2007.

1. corn

corn Guest

No, not the FTP itself, but the FlashFXP is the software. How far are you on the softmod? Keep us updated. We need to know were your at so we can help you further on.

Read this:
    http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/228493
    Read and understand this!! This will clarify questions that you may have, and also save you some time.
    It is a F.A.Q. that is based on Softmodding. Hope that also helps.

EDIT: Woops, I didn't read your fist post. FTP is the form of transferring a file from one point to another. You input each the IP address you are trying to connect to, and put xbox for username and password.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 11, 2007
  2. trreherd

trreherd Member

How far am i on softmodding? Still in the planning stages. SO i made a shopping list of stuff to buy, tell me if this is rite.
    Action replay max-$25
    splinter cell-5$
    crossover cables(were can i get these?)
    Is this all im gunna need?

3. corn

corn Guest

Thats about right.
    Pick up a crossover cable at your local computer store.
    There pretty cheap.
    Hope this helps.
    Make sure the Splinter Cell is NOT platinum hits.

4. janrocks

janrocks Guest

And for your list.. You will need krayzie's ndure pack.. There are 2 different types, pal and ntsc.. get the right one for your region.

http://www.x-b-o-x.net have both.

5. steimy

steimy Active member

personally i did not like the Ndure softmod installer. At least the one i used on AID 3.1. It did not have a correct dual boot mode. You can dual boot but instead of the hacked dash loading with the power button, and the MS dash loading with the eject button. It would load the AID menu with the eject button. (but of course that could have been user error as well. But there was only one dual boot option so i chose it)

But SID 4.5 worked like a charm and had all the files needed to softmod, along with a pretty good PDF tutorial.

Last edited: Apr 12, 2007
  6. trreherd

trreherd Member

''krayzie's ndure pack''
    Ok im guessing this is some type of software? Do i realy need it? Is there a downloadable version for free on the internet?

7. steimy

steimy Active member

yes, you download it and yes it is free. Just look on about any torrent site for that or SID 4.5 (softmod installer Deluxe)
    isohunt is a goo start, might as well get AID 3.1 while your at it as you will need that after you softmod it.

8. corn

corn Guest

AID=Auto Installer Deluxe. It has emulators and applications for your Xbox. I don't think you really need this, do you? I softmodded with SID-4.0. So, I don't know.

9. steimy

steimy Active member

well, no. you don't need it. but it sure beats finding, downloading and FTP'ing all those programs to your xbox 1 by 1.

The auto installer (AID 3.1) will make it so much easier. You just do the softmod with SID 4.5, then run the auto installer disc and install the MS Dash (if needed) and the hacked dash you want as your main one on C: (EvoX or UnleashX but never X-DSL!!)
    then you movie on to the application and install all of thos, then the emulators and your pretty much done, Just make sure you know where these should all go. (usually everything accept the MS Dash and your main hacked dash will go into E:/apps