1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

whats the best (free)(basic) audio player for the PC?

Discussion in 'Audio' started by VJbob, Dec 5, 2004.

1. VJbob

VJbob Regular member

I'm not a pure audiophile but I do have 2 ears. For years I've been listening using winamp but a year ago I started to occassionally use Windows Media Player 9 (can't really tell a difference in sound anyway). Recently on a friends advice I switched over to real player, found it comes with the computer and the sound was really crisp. I'm wondering is Real the best way to go? If so I'm thinking of buying my music through real player since you can only play certain files on their respective players. Can anybody clue me in on anything better so I can streamline the music I buy from 1 certain store?

Also, I'm thinking about getting the audigy usb external soundcard for my laptop. Does any of these audio players support the 24 bit (whatever that means)? Is there a better external sound card that utilizes usb? Thanks for the help in advance.

2. coachop94

coachop94 Guest

I personally use MusicMatch Plus which is a paid version. But the MusicMatch Basic is free. Go to MusicMatch.com to download it.

3. diabolos

diabolos Guest

4. camstuf

camstuf Guest

5. djscoop

djscoop Active member

I'd stick to winamp...its still the best out there