1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Where Did All The Old Timers Go, A Public Meeting Place For Open Discussion

Discussion in 'Safety valve' started by ireland, Mar 26, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. brobear

brobear Guest

LOL So, are you soliciting my opinion for another thread? Seriously though, and I'll say it anywhere, when a member can say "yeah man" a few thousand times and become an Addict, what can the title mean?

2. darthnip

darthnip Moderator Staff Member

while there will be no more titles here, there has been much talk of a "karma system" of sorts where the outstanding memebrs can get the recognition they deserve like the old days. cant say when it will come into play, but we'll keep reminding the powers above that it IS something that is needed.

3. brobear

brobear Guest

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 30, 2006
  4. arniebear

arniebear Active member

My wife keeps telling me I have bad Karma so not sure this will help me :eek:

5. brobear

brobear Guest

;) I took Ireland's advice and went over to the bitch thread to impart my choice words. Guess I've run short on things to say here. LOL

6. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

hi there

yes its all abit dificult knowing whats for the best here? but i second take the status away back to newbie or a little better make all addicts senior and earn there addict bit?

very difficult and not a decision i would like to make for the better of AD...

all needs alot more looking into....

7. ireland

ireland Active member

VERY HOT NEWS..

ALL GUESS WHATS GOING TO HAPPEN TODAY AND I JUST FOUND OUT THIS MORNING FROM A PM FROM DRD...,ALL THE MODS ARE GOING TO BE REMOVED,{FIRED}

and the new mods will be picked out of only the Senior Member's group BY THE END OF THE DAY.

8. brobear

brobear Guest

[bold]Newbies will automatically become Afterdawn Addicts following their first post. That goes into effect tomorrow, immediately following the installation of the new Senior Mods. The current class of Addicts will be retired and no longer allowed to post. Unfortunately, the current class of Junior Members will be placed in limbo.[/bold]

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 1, 2006
  9. brobear

brobear Guest

Sounds like DRD is going to clean out all the old rabble rousers.

10. ireland

ireland Active member

On March 31, 2006 11:56pm thousands of motorists driving on the highway outside London looked up in the air to see a glowing flying saucer descending on their city. Many of them pulled to the side of the road to watch the bizarre craft float through the air. The saucer finally landed in a field on the outskirts of London where local residents immediately called the police to warn them of an alien invasion. Soon the police arrived on the scene, and one brave officer approached the craft with his truncheon extended before him. When a door in the craft popped open, and a small, silver-suited figure emerged, the policeman ran in the opposite direction.

Last edited: Apr 1, 2006
  11. brobear

brobear Guest

Was his truncheon still extended?

12. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

april fool - hehehe..

13. ireland

ireland Active member

I been watching the site to see whos posting..,and most of the regulars have moved on i guess to greener pastures......

good luck to where ever ye gone to...

14. Lethal_B

Lethal_B Moderator Staff Member

You are correct there ireland. Most of the good Seniors & Addicts have been scarcely noticeable just recently. Ah well, they all come back in the end.. I sure hope so..

I'll be here.. 'till the bitter end :eek:

night all..

Last edited: Apr 26, 2006
  15. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

good morn to all

i am still around but dont post much now, due to a couple of reasons, but i do pop on threads and reply...

take care guys

16. brobear

brobear Guest

LOL Guess I don't count. I'm not here. I prefer not being here as opposed to not being any good. ;)

17. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

very wise words........

18. ireland

ireland Active member

brobear ye quote
    LOL Guess I don't count. I'm not here. I prefer not being here as opposed to not being any good. ;)

you me and some of the others are like a old shoe who still laying around,but sometimes we have to make a loud noise to be seen..

19. GrandpaBW

GrandpaBW Active member

I am still alive and kicking. Sometimes. :)

20. dr_no

dr_no Regular member

Hi all,
    Me newbie still reading(for a few years now)but having very little time lately to post.:(
    Maybe one of these days I may even ask my first question :)

GrandpaBW,
    your not smoking thread helped me reconsider, since february smoke free here, after about 25years, 2packs of Camels a day.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.