1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Where Did All The Old Timers Go, A Public Meeting Place For Open Discussion

Discussion in 'Safety valve' started by ireland, Mar 26, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ireland

ireland Active member

SOME GOOD NEWS THIS MORNING ALSO BUY VISTA AND GET IN BED WITH THE MOVIE STUDIOS AND MICROSOFT..

Hackers discover HD DVD and Blu-ray "processing key" -- all HD titles now exposed

Posted Feb 13th 2007 7:46AM by Thomas Ricker
    Filed under: HDTV
    Those cooky kids over at the Doom9 forums hate themselves some DRM. Not more than two months after discovering a means to extract the HD DVD and Blu-ray Disc "volume keys" to decrypt AACS DRM on individual films, we're now getting word that DRM hacker arnezami has found the "processing key" used to decrypt the DRM on all HD DVD and Blu-ray Disc films. Let's break this down for what it is: instead of needing individual keys for each and every high-definition film -- of which there are many -- the processing key can be used to unlock, decrypt, and backup every HD DVD and Blu-ray Disc film released so far. As arnezami points out, "nothing was actually hacked, cracked or even reverse engineered." All he had to do was keep an eye on his memory, watch what changed, and voila... the processing key appeared. So kick back and watch the trickle of HD titles hitting the torrents quickly turn into a flood (at ~20GB a pop, that's not an exaggeration) when the BackupHDDVD and BackupBluray utilities (or AnyDVD HD) are updated to reflect the new hack find.

http://www.engadget.com/2007/02/13/hackers-discover-hd-dvd-and-blu-ray-processing-key-all-hd-t/

http://feeds.engadget.com/~r/weblogsinc/engadget/~3/90231456/

Last edited: Feb 13, 2007
  2. ireland

ireland Active member

I HAD THIS YESTERDAY AND I FORGOT TO POST IT..I HOPE THE PASSWORD STILL WORKS IT WORK FOR ME

ANYDVD 6120 beta version,

http://sandbox.slysoft.com/beta/SetupAnyDVDhd6120.zip

zip password is "takeyourtime" (without the quotes).

You have to reboot after the installation.
    Please let me know, if it does fix your problem.

It is available here:

http://sandbox.slysoft.com/beta/SetupAnyDVDhd6120.zip

zip password is "takeyourtime" (without the quotes).

You have to reboot after the installation.

This version fixes a bug which prevents OpenSeason R2 (UK & Netherlands) to rip correctly. As always, there are many other small fixes and improvements.
    Additionally, it supports decrypting and "on the fly remastering" of HD DVD discs:

6.1.2.0 2007 02 12
    - New: Added support for new versions of the SONY Arccos protection
    to the option to remove "Protection based on unreadable Sectors"
    - New: Added HD DVD and AACS support.
    (Registered users need an upgrade key, currently only available to
    registered beta testers)
    - Fix: Problem with multi-angle titles and Sony Arccos protection
    - Some minor fixes and improvements

If you want to test HD DVD decryption but you have bought AnyDVD (not running in demo mode) you have to remove your AnyDVD license key (easiest way to do so is to rename the registry key
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\SlysSoft\AnyDVD\Key to something else using regedit).

If you don't have a HD DVD drive you don't need to bother, of course.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2007
  3. greensman

greensman Regular member

morning to all and mr. ireland.....

DOn't drink coffee so had my morning milk and breakfast buritto with some really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, hot sauce. Did I mention it was hot. lol. Stuff is called 100% PAIN and just 1-4 drops smeared throughout your buritto will do. ;-)

.....gm

4. ireland

ireland Active member

greensman
    i like ye new sig,with the tubby babys.

[​IMG]

5. kitty66

kitty66 Regular member

@LP531 - Yes Adrianna does have eyes! Very pretty ones. They can go blue, green or greyish with that color depending how they are made up!

@pac & aabbccdd - The pup did abandon pack, I don't get it. But it could be she was following wolf and got lost. The wolf howled a lot the night she was gone, it makes me wonder. It was frickin eeearie!!!!!!! Scary sound. Wolf is alpha and will not wait around for the pups for too long. They are expected to keep up. But I think he must have felt bad. He has been the alpha/papa for them. The mama dog would not let the cow dog father near them. Only the wolf got to visit the babies, he was scruffing them and toting them around before the mama was. It would not be unheard of for her to have followed him too far. His range is about 20 square miles. We have it mind you...but gee wiz it is too much space for the pup...

6. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

Well I'll join in hoping pup survives till it develops its legs. That's still a lot of range for most domestic dogs. Ever think of GPS tracking. LOL

Ireland
    Top of the day to you. Hope you're feeling better today. You may already know this one, but besides the candy, a quick way of getting the blood sugar back up is drinking OJ with sugar added. At the local hospital they often give patients with low sugar a glass of juice with a pack or 2 of sugar added. It sounds like it would get more sugar in the system faster. But that's just me thinking. I guess if they tried to keep candy the employees would be eating it. ;)

7. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

Is Greensman the green tubby? LOL

8. aabbccdd

aabbccdd Guest

kitty66, Love your new sig . and keep an eye on that puppy

also we are up to our knees in snow looks like were going to get 14inches plus high winds so NO work for me today yay!!!!!!

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 13, 2007
  9. Ripper

Ripper Active member

Thanks ;-)

10. aabbccdd

aabbccdd Guest

good job ripper!!

11. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

good evening. just passing thru quickly, never enough time in the day for forums these days :(

i'll jump on ad_buddies for a bit and see who's on there

12. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

13. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

hey ddp, sorry i've not been around to help you out, i'll make time to have a mooch round here later this eve

14. Ripper

Ripper Active member

Well look who it is ;-)

Nice to see you post :)

15. aabbccdd

aabbccdd Guest

creaky cool to see ya posting man hope you have time for us soon

16. ireland

ireland Active member

I did not have time to post this yesterday,because of a sugar problem i had..
    DDP'S REAL HOME LIFE

[​IMG]

17. saugmon

saugmon Senior member

Can they use dried up dung in theat Bar B John ireland? LOL

Afternoon all! They let us out of work at 1 pm,got up to 12" of snow coming down and 30+ MPH wind tomorrow. The blizzard is coming!!

18. greensman

greensman Regular member

ireland,
    You gotta put something like sponge bob or scooby-doo on there for the kiddies to really appreciate your talents. lol. Mine don't watch the tellie-tubbies and won't. LOL.

gm...

19. gerry1

gerry1 Guest

DDP's Grill and his crapper are one and the same? That's nasty.

Tellie Tubbies indeed. They don't make kid's programming like they used to. What ever happened to the good violent stuff I grew up on? THe road runner, bugs, daffy, three stooges etc. (My parents didn't let me watch the three stooges for long after I hit my sister in the head with a frying pan or poked her in the eyes or something of the sort; don't remember, but it wasn't nice LOL)

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 13, 2007
  20. kitty66

kitty66 Regular member

@aabbccdd - time to go sledding...I recommend old car parts welded together into a sled and towed by a tractor!!!!!!!!!!!! Yeah, no workie!!!!!!!! All the time to make Adrianna look even better.

@Pac, yes I have considered GPS. About 600 bucks for the receiver and 6 dots. A little expensive, but I am thinking about it.

I Love My New Sig...Thanks again Ripper!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.