1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Where Did All The Old Timers Go, A Public Meeting Place For Open Discussion

Discussion in 'Safety valve' started by ireland, Mar 26, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

@Saugman

i didnt want to hear that about the ice storms again.... im just now thawing out..lol
    as far as hamiton county goes there sales tax is 7%was 6.5 went up for paul brown and co...... good thing im in the next county over, clermont..lol

oh yea good evening from cincy....

bout time to fire up the fishing thread again aint it Saugman? i know im wanting out on the water bad..lol my dad lives in new richmond. dont know if ya know where that is but its along RT52 runs along the ohio river... theres alot of nice spot out there to get along the river to fish for some big cats...

sorry guys i know thats off topic...

2. saugmon

saugmon Senior member

REJECTED TITLES for "Brokeback Mountain"

OKLAHOMO

HIGH NOONER

THE MAGNIFICENT SEVEN INCHES

JEREMIAH'S JOHNSON

POLESMOKE

BUTCH ASSIDY AND THE BUNDANCE KID

THE MAN WHO SHOT ALL OVER LIBERTY VALANCE

HOW THE WEST WAS HUNG

THE LEGEND OF THE LONG RANGER

DOC'S HOLIDAY WITH BILLY THE KID

VERY RAW HIDE

LONESOME DOUG

A FISTFUL OF NED

HI, PLAINS DRIFTER!

QUICKLY DOWN UNDER

BAREBACK MOUNTING

BONE-NANZA

DON'T MESS WITH TEX' ASS

HOME ON THE RANGER

ROOSTER COCKBURN

PRANCES WITH WOLVES

BALONEY PONY RODEO

TUBESTEAK COWBOYS

3. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

Saugmon
    I've got family in TN as well. Those taxes on food and drink are what sends residents across the line if it isn't too far. I own some vacation property in TN and when I head that way, I stock up on groceries. Tourists get soaked, but that happens a lot of places. For a while I didn't realize some places had separate pricing. One for the locals and the other to soak the tourists. One night in Pigeon Forge, TN I gave the waitress a nice tip and she ran the bill through as local. It covered the cost of the tip, but it also let me know how bad that burg was soaking tourists. That's one of the biggest tourist towns in East TN. I suspect most of the tourists never know. What's funny is you pay a fortune on small items in some of the local shops but the bargain mall outlets have some super prices.

You mentioned fireworks. I usually pick them up outside Knoxville. On the 4th of July the police don't make arrests for fireworks violation in Ohio, at least not where we go. So we set them off on the farm outside Daytion.

4. ireland

ireland Active member

5. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

Cincyrob
    The water is going to be crowded in Ohio this year. They had to let most of the water out of Lake Cumberland this year for repairs. On any given weekend there was a solid string of Ohio boaters headed to that lake. They'll have to find another spot this year. Navigation is hazardous with those big speedboats when the water is that low. It's going to be below normal winter stage. Nearby municipal water intakes are high and dry and the water treatment discharge above waterline. Hope all those boats don't mess with your fishing.

6. saugmon

saugmon Senior member

Pacman:My dad loves those outlets,especially black and decker.They hit dollywood-my aunt always has a yearly pass. They want to move down there.

Cincyrob: We both posted the same time-jinx!!!. I can't wait to get the boat out. Still got snow on the ground and around a foot of ice on my lake. Just think,early january it was 50-60 degree weather and I was worried the lake wouldn't freeze.

I'm going to try to make it out to mom & dads before the ice storm hits. I gotta charge up my batteries and get some more delicious saugeye out of the deep freeze.

7. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

Suagmon
    LOL Funny, I like that big Black & Decker outlet too. You can go in there and feel like the "Tool Man". The family down in TN get family passes for Dollywood every year. It's a short drive for them. It's amazing how that place has grown. As a youngster I went there when it was Silver Dollar City.

It's nice country and nice people. Your parents will probably enjoy their retirement there.

8. saugmon

saugmon Senior member

Morning All!!!!

cincyrob,we've got a new career scoring champion:

After weeks, months and even a year of talking about it, the record has been broken. Jon Diebler ended weeks of anticipation and build-up by scoring 44 points Friday evening to pass Jay Burson as the No. 1-scorer all-time in Ohio high school basketball. Upper Sandusky won the NOL Championship with a 90-64 victory against Norwalk while Diebler broke the record held for 22 years.

UPPER SANDUSKY – As Ohio State head coach Thad Matta slipped quietly out of the Upper Sandusky High School gymnasium with his youngest daughter, Jon Diebler was surrounded by hordes of reporters, cameras and Ram fans celebrating not only a conference championship but also their part of history.

This was Diebler’s night.

Matta was just one of approximately 1,7000 people that crowded into an electric setting for high school basketball witnessing Diebler break Jay Burson’s all-time record for most points scored in a career in the history of Ohio high school basketball. Matta, former Ohio State standout and color-commentator Bill Hosket joined Burson and his family to watch Diebler score 44 points and become the No. 1-scorer in the history of Ohio with 2,960 points Friday night.

“It was just another basket,” Diebler told masses of interested listeners after the game. “Everyone kind of went crazy but like I said, it’s not just for me, it’s for everyone in this community, the three communities I’ve lived in and all of my teammates.”

Upper Sandusky notched a 90-64 victory against conference rival Norwalk to take home their second outright Northern Ohio League Championship in three years. But the bigger story for fans of Ohio basketball was Diebler’s final two baskets of the evening.

Diebler intercepted a pass at mid-court with 3:11 left in the game and took it all the way to the hoop for a thunderous slam-dunk that brought the capacity crowd to their feet as he tied Burson’s 22-year old record of 2,958 points.

Just 20 seconds later following a Norwalk basket, Diebler brought the ball up the floor and delivered a pass to the right wing to senior guard Jarryd Nelson. Diebler immediately sliced to the basket and Nelson delivered him the ball in-stride as Diebler made a driving lay-up with 2:51 on the clock for points 43 and 44.

The world and the game both stopped at once. Surrounding Diebler at halfcourt were his teammates, coaches, photographers, Ohio High School Athletic Association officials, Burson and his family as well as Diebler’s father (and coach), Keith.

“It was kind of like the state tournament with both him and (his brother) Jake – you kind of see things happening and you wish you could freeze it in time to really appreciate what’s happening,” Keith said of the moment his son scored the record-breaking field goal.

Among the hype and hysteria as well as anticipation of Diebler possibly breaking Burson’s record Friday evening, he’s had to shoulder the agony of a grandfather being admitted into the hospital for pneumonia on top of everything else.

Keith said it was an eye-opener for he and his family to appreciate one another and enjoy everything life throws at them.

“It’s made me kind of take things slow,” the elder Diebler added, “and also really appreciate these moments.”

The game was halted for nearly 10 minutes with Upper Sandusky holding a 34-point lead as Diebler was honored by the OHSAA with a plaque for his accomplishment. The brief ceremony included Burson and Diebler exchanging handshakes at halfcourt.

Burson was also honored for his place in Ohio high school basketball history.

“It’s an honor and I think that I really had not reflected a lot on it until the last week or so,” he said Friday evening. “I’m honored and flattered that someone thinks highly of the record.”

Entering the game, Diebler had 2,916 points and needed at least 43 to break Burson’s mark. His season average, ironically enough, was just shy of 43 points per game.

Adding to the perfect irony was the fact it was Diebler’s final home game. It was senior night and a chance to break the record on his home floor – the last time he would play in that gymnasium.

It couldn’t have been scripted any better.

“Not at all,” said a thankful father and head coach. “I just can’t wait to get home, close my eyes and thank God for how this turned out.”

With their sights set on an NOL Championship, Diebler and his teammates played remarkably consistent and with near perfection despite all the hoopla.

Diebler jumped out in the first quarter with 11 quick points.

He followed it up in the second quarter with another 12 points. He also had four assists and it was clear he was not letting the possibility of breaking the record change his philosophy.

But in the third quarter, Diebler mostly got his teammates involved. Despite making several no-look and behind the back passes to his teammates, that often were dropped, Diebler took just five shots and scored 7 points on two field goals.

As the anxiety grew to start the fourth quarter, Diebler was stuck on 30 points with just six minutes remaining.

A decision had to be made with the Rams winning by 30 points.

“I was debating as a coach on whether to take him out and wait until next week,” Keith said about weighing the father versus coach aspect, “but we let him finish it and I’m glad it’s over. I think he’s glad it’s over.”

It was quickly apparent with just under six minutes remaining that Diebler would get the record.

He calmly made a couple of shots and sank a pair of free throws, and by the time it got under five minutes left, he suddenly had 38 points – just five shy of the record.

“We kind of let him go,” Keith added. “I think the kids sensed it too.”

Diebler made a pair of free throws to get to 40 points with 3:27 remaining. It was two possessions later that he made the steal and dunk to tie it before breaking it at 2:51 and making history.

“Mister Burson said it correctly in the paper,” Diebler said. “It’s not a record for him or I, it’s a record for the fans.”

After the game, Diebler barely had enough time Matta to whisper congratulations in his ear before sneaking away.

Diebler then finished up with reporters, cut down the net with his coaches and teammates and continued to sign autographs for over an hour after the game ended.

For the first time, he could have signed those autographs, “Ohio’s No. 1-scorer.”

He probably signed them, “NOL Champs.”

Sure, it’s his night, but it was also his team’s night as well.

9. ireland

ireland Active member

GOOD MORNING,TIME FOR BREAKFAST.BACON AND EGGS OR SAUSAGE AND COFFEE

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

OR

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 24, 2007
  10. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

bacon & eggs with the banana split for dessert

11. Pop_Smith

Pop_Smith Regular member

Good morning and afternoon!! :) That Bugatti is cool but its something like $1.5 million and the company is struggling to reach its target sell of 300 from what I read in Motor Trend.

12. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

I thought the banana split was the optional main course.

13. gerry1

gerry1 Guest

Good afternoon everyone! Its going to be a hell of a couple of days: last night, I was walking across what I thought was a frozen puddle of water but I broke through and went flying face forward into a foot of freezing cold water and did a real job on the fusions in my lower back and neck so I'm not walking too well and have to stay home for the next few days. Fortunately, because of existing conditions, I have a supply of 40 and 80 mgm oxycontin which could calm a volcano ... I'm not sure if it makes it hurt less or if it makes you care less but I guess it doesn't matter. Thing is, I'll probably have to cancel my museum trip this weekend which is too bad because that ancient egypt stuff facinates me and being able to see this stuff doesn't come around often unless you pack up and go to Cairo!

14. ireland

ireland Active member

gerry1 when ye are ready to go back to work,show them ye new face..

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 24, 2007
  15. Ripper

Ripper Active member

Evening all.

Just about to have my dinner ;-P

:)

16. Rikoshay

Rikoshay Regular member

Good morning from where I am. Has anyone seen celtic_d as of late? He's been a big help in the DivX/Xvid areas, and I'm glad I was able to meet someone that had helpful straightforward answers.

17. Ripper

Ripper Active member

I'm sure he's around.. Lol.

18. saugmon

saugmon Senior member

gerry1: I hope you get better. If it hurts when you laugh,then ignore the rest of my post, LOL

[bold]JOKES TO OFFEND EVERYONE...
    What do you call two Mexicans playing basketball?

Juan on Juan

What is a Yankee?

The same as a quickie, but a guy can do it alone.

What is the difference between a Harley and a Hoover?

The position of the dirt bag

Why is divorce so expensive?

Because it's worth it.

What do you see when the Pillsbury Dough Boy bends over?

Doughnuts

Why is air a lot like sex?

Because it's no big deal unless you're not getting any.

What do you call a smart blonde?

A golden retriever.

What do attorneys use for birth control?

Their personalities.

What's the difference between a girlfriend and wife?

10 years and 45 lbs

What's the difference between a boyfriend and husband?

45 minutes

What's the fastest way to a man's heart?

Through his chest with a sharp knife.

Why do men want to marry virgins?

They can't stand criticism.

Why is it so hard for women to find men that are sensitive, caring, and good-looking?

Because those men already have boyfriends.

What's the difference between a new husband and a new dog?

After a year, the dog is still excited to see you

Why do men chase women they have no intention of marrying?

The same urge that makes dogs chase cars they have no intention of driving.

Why don't bunnies make noise when they have sex?

Because they have cotton balls.

What's the difference between a porcupine and BMW?

A porcupine has the pricks on the outside.

What did the blonde say when she found out she was pregnant?

"Are you sure it's mine?"

Why does Mike Tyson cry during sex?

Mace will do that to you.

Why did OJ Simpson want to move to West Virginia ?

Everyone has the same DNA.

Why do men find it difficult to make eye contact?

Breasts don't have eyes.

Why do drivers' education classes in Redneck schools use the car only on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays?

Because on Tuesday and Thursday, the Sex Ed class uses it.

Where does an Irish family go on vacation?

A different bar.

Did you hear about the Chinese couple that had a blond baby?

They named him "Sum Ting Wong"

What would you call it when an Italian has one arm shorter than the other?

A speech impediment

What's the difference between a southern zoo and a northern zoo?

A southern zoo has a description of the animal on the front of the cage along with... "a recipe".

How do you get a sweet 80-year-old lady to say the F word?

Get another sweet little 80-year-old lady to yell *BINGO*!

What's the difference between a northern fairytale and a southern fairytale?
    A northern fairytale begins "Once upon a time ..." -A southern fairytale begins
    "Y'all ain't gonna believe this shit....

Why is there no Disneyland in Japan?

No one's tall enough to go on the good rides [/bold]

Ireland: I'll take the bacon,eggs over easy,saugage,and toast!!!!

19. ireland

ireland Active member

i had some cow meat with me breakfast..

[​IMG]

20. greensman

greensman Regular member

No fair posting breakfast after the noon hour. LOL. That steak and eggs looks pretty darn good ireland. One of my favs for breakfast btw. :)

Good afternoon ......

......gm

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.