1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Where Did All The Old Timers Go, A Public Meeting Place For Open Discussion

Discussion in 'Safety valve' started by ireland, Mar 26, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Auslander

Auslander Senior member

creaky's a robot; he probably did more like 12 pi posts an hour during that time period. XD

2. gerry1

gerry1 Guest

Hello Everyone!

@Ireland ... I knew I should never have quit smoking! Coffee and cigarettes are good for your health!

3. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

cor,even Hursty's popped by.
    i can't remember how long it took me, i did used to be a real sad act, was on here far too much

4. ireland

ireland Active member

creaky i is working on ye vista pix ye posted..when i is done with it,i will post it in the vista thread..

5. Estuansis

Estuansis Active member

I'm loving being 17...

I finally quit smoking... completely. Went through a pretty rough withdrawal over Easter weekend but I haven't had any fierce nicotine cravings yet. Already noticed a calming effect when I sit down and relax vs lighting up a cigarette :)

6. tranquash

tranquash Regular member

keep that way estuansis.

I quit several years ago and feel happy about it. learning to smoke is the one thing i regret the most.

You're in the right track

7. ireland

ireland Active member

good night all,i leave ye students with this

8. gerry1

gerry1 Guest

...and I've used every one of them at one time or another! Under pressure, I do very well with essays though. I remember a philosophy professor who wrote "Very creative bullsh**" at the top of an exam.

GOOD MORNING EVERYBODY!

9. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

My philosophy professor and I had an unspoken agreement. I wouldn't tell if he wouldn't. LOL The mores of society affect thought and action more than enlightened philosophy. With social work I'm sure you see it every day. People are conditioned by their environment. Which brings up the question, how ya doin these days dude? LOL

10. gerry1

gerry1 Guest

Ah, such rare wisdom! ...but you're right; I do see it everyday! I'm doing quite well, Pac, the bum neck and back have been good to me lately (knock on wood). You are well, I trust?

11. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

Glad to hear it. That sounded like a nasty spill you took earlier. Things like that can linger sometimes. As for me, everything is doing pretty good (knock on wood).

Last edited: Apr 11, 2007
  12. ireland

ireland Active member

just got up,wheres me coffee

If you've got melted chocolate on your hands, you're eating it too slowly.

Diet tip: eat a chocolate bar before each meal. It will take the edge off your appetite,
    and you'll eat less.

Last edited: Apr 11, 2007
  13. ireland

ireland Active member

good afternoon

14. ireland

ireland Active member

MySpace blocks Photobucket videos
    April 11, 2007 8:45 AM PDT
    Add to your del.icio.usdel.icio.us Digg this storyDigg this

Social-networking giant MySpace.com on Wednesday began preventing Photobucket videos and mashups from being uploaded to its pages.

MySpace will no longer let its users post videos from Photobucket in their profiles, blogs or comments section. MySpace said Photobucket had violated MySpace's terms by encouraging users to post advertisements in their videos.

"We spoke to the company about their actions, but they refused to respect our community's terms," MySpace said in a statement. "We had no choice but to disable their service."

In a statement on its site, Photobucket expressed outrage and encouraged users to demand MySpace to reverse its decision.

"MySpace is contradicting the very belief of personal and social media," Photobucket said. "By severely restricting this freedom, MySpace is showing that it considers you as a commodity, which it can treat as it sees fit...Vote with your feet and your keyboards. Tell MySpace how you feel."

Photobucket, a photo- and video-sharing site, has seen enormous growth in the past year, with much of it coming from MySpace users.

In a story last month, experts predicted that Photobucket might be vulnerable to a decision by MySpace to block users from using the company's tools.
    Posted by Greg Sandoval

15. ireland

ireland Active member

goodnight

16. LOCOENG

LOCOENG Moderator Staff Member

Good morning

17. gerry1

gerry1 Guest

Good morning all! A cold, wet day in Philly. I splurged and took a cab to the office; the driver was a south philly Italian ... all of whom sound like Sylvester Stallone. The cab has to drive itself as south philly Italians need both hands to talk so I just take off my glasses and hope for the best :)

18. ireland

ireland Active member

GOOD MORNING

Windows XP to be phased out by year's end despite customer demand

"Computer makers have been told they'll no longer be able to get Windows XP OEM by the end of this year, despite strong ongoing demand for the OS. Analysts and computer makers are wondering if the move is premature given Vista's ongoing performance and compatibility issues. Dell recently said it would reintroduce XP on a range of machines due to customer demand but Microsoft will only allow this until the end of the year."

LINK
    http://apcmag.com/5835/vendors_in_no_rush_to_ditch_xp_for_vista

19. gerry1

gerry1 Guest

@Ireland ... I really hate it when they pull that crap on the consumer; I always end up with software which just doesn't work right despite plug-ins and whathaveyou.

20. ireland

ireland Active member

Last edited: Apr 12, 2007
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.