1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

which anivirus programs are good

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by Anthony7, Jan 29, 2005.

1. Anthony7

Anthony7 Member

Hi, i'm currently using norton antivirus and norton internet security(for firewall). But i'm on a 3 month free trial and it's ending soon. So i'm thinking if i should purchase it and continue using it or buy something else. Are there other antivirus/firewall softwares that are better than Norton? Or is Norton reliable and i should continue using it.
    any suggestions are greatly appreciated. Thanks
    anthony

2. colw

colw Active member

People have different preference re Anti-Virus software - I have use AVG (free) for over two year and am very happy with it.

I do not like Norton Anti-Virus.

Some other suggestions are available from the thread below.

http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/152082

3. camstuf

camstuf Guest

I use Norton Corporate on my emachines laptop, and AVG(free) on my emachines PC, no reason.

4. sly_61019

sly_61019 Senior member

I also use avg, its free and there are updates pretty much every other day.

5. aabbccdd

aabbccdd Guest

Norton is a great program make sure you get the latest one though Norton Internet Secerity 2005. But it eats ram like 60 gigs so beware ..and AVG. is good to and its free. as was said

6. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

i have a customer who uses norton antivirus with all the updates, ran avg7 on his system & found 4+ viruses that norton didn't see & also ran ad-aware se that found 100+ spyware. so now he has both norton, avg7 & ad-aware se on his system