1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Which Transcoding Tools Produce The Best Picture Quality.

Discussion in 'Copy DVD to DVDR' started by Sophocles, Jun 5, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TMcCallie

TMcCallie Regular member

bigorange,
    Man I like your new signature graphics. This is neat.
    Only wish I was not too dumb to understand how to do it.

2. bigorange

bigorange Active member

Look at the directions on the reply to thread page. Third one down. Then get a gif with a web url, and insert.

3. brobear

brobear Guest

Let's hope everybody doesn't see this. How you like the new threads? Edited to save illness by Big O.

_X_X_X_X_X_[small][bold]'brobear'[/bold]

[​IMG][/small]

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 10, 2004
  4. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

Understood Pop, but the other applications except DVD2one were also older versions.

If you read our posts', you'll see that we got together and did our own tests. I made 13 backups and compared each application against the other equally. Download a copy of Instant copy or DVDcopy2 trials (you get full access) and make your own comparisons. You might also go back and review some of our efforts. Remember many of us were DVD Shrink fans too and its a great application for free, but once I saw I oould get better I wanted better.
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]"Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth." Sherlock Holmes (by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, 1859-1930)[/small]

Last edited: Jun 9, 2004
  5. vurbal

vurbal Administrator Staff Member

Sophocles,
    Thanks. I'm glad to know people are getting some use from the guide. And yes, you can pretty much keep it the same from one movie to the next if you're just using the basic settings. There should be another update to the guide either this week or next for the AVS editor they've put in. Hopefully by that time there will also be support for Quantization Characteristics in CCE Basic since Rebuilder's author is now aware that it's supported in the latest version.

6. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

Vurbal

You deserved the accolade. As the summer moves on I will probably purchase CCE. I know that I will eventually run across a very large movie that rquires some real heavy artillery and that is enough to keep it fresh in my mind. Keep writing it.
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]"Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth." Sherlock Holmes (by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, 1859-1930)[/small]

Last edited: Jun 9, 2004
  7. swmiller

swmiller Guest

Just backed up Lord of The Rings Return of The King (3-1/2 Hour movie only to one disc). I used DVD_Rebuilder with CCE and I am very impressed with the results. I have to make a donation to the developer.

8. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

It's not a one click transcoder but if you used the guide on afterdawns web site then I know Vurbal will be pleased to hear about it.

9. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

Perhaps this thread should be about more than just one click transcoders but instead about overall picture quality.
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small][​IMG]

"Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth." Sherlock Holmes (by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, 1859-1930)[/small]

Last edited: Jun 10, 2004
  10. TMcCallie

TMcCallie Regular member

Might be good to start a new thread.

11. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

TMcCallie

You might be right I think we've beaten this one to death and we'll all probably get hate mail (posts) from the die-hard shrink crowd. Maybe we can check Vurbal and see if we can get a crew going on rebuilder/CCE. I finally gave in and bought a copy of DVDcopy 2 just couldn't give up the speed otherwise it would have been instant copy.

12. bigorange

bigorange Active member

Sophocles, be interested to know quality, time, and cost. Oh, does it handle large files well, and keep menus? Do they have a trial version? I saw it for 80.00.

13. flip218

flip218 Moderator Staff Member

Sophocles,

I too have tried DVD Rebuilder w/ CCE Basic. The process has more steps, but the end result is superb. Also you need around 15GB per movie ... around 8GB to rip movie, around 2GB for prep&encode, and last 4+GB for the rebuild. Once rebuild is done you can just keep the 4GB rebuild file. But to start you'll need around 15GB free. My test was done on LOTR3 Return Of The King and it turn out excellent.

14. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

Yes you get full use but the trial verion only lasts for 3 days. Yes it keeps it all the menus or you can choose to dump what you don't want, and yes it works well on large files which is the reason that I bought it. The price held me back but the performance let me forward.

15. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

well then flip watch for the thread or start it but we got to get Vurbal on line first.

16. vurbal

vurbal Administrator Staff Member

17. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

Hey guys let's start a new thread!
    _
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small][​IMG]

"Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth." Sherlock Holmes (by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, 1859-1930)[/small]

18. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

19. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

When I say "OK guys" I'm referring to anyone who is interested in sharing their experiences.
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small][​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 27, 2004
  20. mrman922

mrman922 Member

Cool...
    [​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.