1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

which updates or service packs to use?

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by live2dive, Jun 24, 2004.

1. live2dive

live2dive Member

I had called 321 studios once and they told me which windows updates to make sure I had and which ones to avoid, but have since misplaced the list. I recently purchased a new computer and have been having some problems. I noticed in "add/remove programs" there are many "hotfixes" pre-installed. Could any of these be causing the problems?
    This is what I have:
    KB821431
    KB823182
    KB824141
    KB825119
    KB826939
    KB828028
    KB828035
    KB828741
    KB835732
    (SP2) [SEE Q329256 FOR MORE INFORMATION]
    (SP2) Q327979
    (SP2) Q329112
    (SP2) Q329909
    (SP2) Q331958
    (SP2) Q811789
    (SP2) Q814995
    (SP2) Q815485
    (SP2) Q817357

Thank you for taking any time to help me out.
    wes

2. Jeanc1

Jeanc1 Guest

If the problems you are talking about are CD-R related you are in the right section of the forum -- If not maybe you should put this query in All other Topics ~~smiles~~ !

What are the problems you have been getting -- This would help greatly making sense in an answer !

3. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

Howdy there live2dive, Welcome to our corner of the web -

Don't you think it a bit strange that a software company is telling you how to configure your PC when the company who made your OS is telling you how to optimize your system ?

I’m running DVD Xcopy and I loaded up all of my updates and fixes. You probably need to worry more about the programs you have in your startup file – that’s where most problems occur –

Most of us here have graduated to other programs which give us more control and are faster to use than Xcopy – the programs I’m talking about are FREE, Go Figure, Huh ?

Anyway, my suggestion – Your PC and it’s function should come first – Load everything you should have then load up Xcopy, if that’s your choice, go to msconfig and turn off everything that interferes with that single program and you should be good to go –

If you want to try some pretty good free stuff with a step-by-step guide on how to work it go to the bottom of this page –

http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/79846

Let us know how you make out, we’ll be over there - -> By the water cooler :D)

Cheers,

Sea Yaaaaaaaa

Pete

4. 321sucker

321sucker Regular member

The most common SP conflict is the Windows Media Player hotfix.

5. pcshateme

pcshateme Guest

if all else fails... theres always dvd shrink!

6. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

and pcshateme, I missed what ??

I didn't think I needed repeating, did I ??

7. pcshateme

pcshateme Guest

8. ispy

ispy Regular member

Live2dive :
    Ive never had a problem with Windows Updates conflicts,but watch out for Roxio & turn off your Anti-Virus doring rip/burn process.
    ispy

9. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

pcshateme, No worries, thought somehow I wasn't clear - life goes on and as I see it, we haven't distrubed the cosmic flow at all :p)

Sea Yaaaaaaaa,

Pete