1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Why is it so complicated?

Discussion in 'Video problems with Mac' started by Billybean, Dec 18, 2002.

1. stunfan12

stunfan12 Member

I finally found a MacOSx native program that backs up a DVD and splits it automatically, similar to DVDxCopy. It is called DiscomVOBulatorPlus. Just go to www.macupdate.com and search for DiscomVOBulator. Before you can run it, you must also download a program called Forty-Two (literally) which can also be found at MacUpdate. You are also required to download a file. There is a link in the dmg. It is tricky at first to activate the program, but remember that when it tells you that activation was successfull, DO NOT press ok. Just switch windows and double-click the Disco'Plus icon. If there are any problems or you need more detailed instructions, email me at stunfan12@aol.com

2. stunfan12

stunfan12 Member

I finally found a MacOSx native program that backs up a DVD and splits it automatically, similar to DVDxCopy. It is called DiscomVOBulatorPlus. Just go to www.macupdate.com and search for DiscomVOBulator. Before you can run it, you must also download a program called Forty-Two (literally) which can also be found at MacUpdate. You are also required to download a file. There is a link in the dmg. It is tricky at first to activate the program, but remember that when it tells you that activation was successfull, DO NOT press ok. Just switch windows and double-click the Disco'Plus icon. If there are any problems or you need more detailed instructions, email me at stunfan12@aol.com

3. rcbrown23

rcbrown23 Member

Okay, To all the people that say they have done everything exactly as told. (DVDBackup--DVD2one--Toast-- Or something along those lines) Brought the VIDEO_TS file into toast, burned it, but when you try to play it, it doesn't work...

Heres the only thing that I can come up with. I successfully burned about 30 DVD-R's. All of the sudden, WITHOUT DOING ANYTHING DIFFERENT, the dvd's just stopped working. I've tried everything from trashing all programs used (3 times) and still nothing. There was only one thing I noticed that was different, when I press "record" in toast, the dialog box shows up that gives me the buffer underrun, simulation, write disk, etc.

Right when that dialog pops up (before you press write session), two files are added to the video_ts folder in the background. You may have to move the write session box to see them. These are the files I'm seeing:

Desktop DB and Desktop DF

I've researched and found that these two files are "invisible desktop files" that a mac uses to organize stuff.
    THESE HAVE TO BE THE THINGS FU_CKING EVERYTHING UP
    It's the only thing I've seen thats changed since burning successfull dvd's. I'ts been driving me mad the past few days trying to delete these files, but I can't. I have not found a solution yet, but I'm working on it.

ANYONE BURNING PLAYABLE DVD'S ON TOAST, PLEASE LET ME KNOW IF THESE TWO FILES SHOW UP!!

They would be right above the vob, bup, files in the toast dvd box. they only apear WHILE BURNING. Any ideas, PLEASE post a reply!