1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Will this movie file fit on my 25 gb blu ray disc?

Discussion in 'Blu-ray players' started by don6288, May 24, 2010.

1. don6288

don6288 Guest

Hi. I'm new at burning blu ray discs. So far I am one for two creating workable discs. I succeeded in backing up Pirate Radio but failed with Avatar. On my third movie I get the following message when attempting to burn using Verbatim BD-R LTH Type 25 GB. Does anyone know if I am likely to succeed if I go ahead with the burn? Thank you.

---------------------------
    ImgBurn
    There doesn't appear to be enough space on the disc to burn this image.

Image size: 12,319,872 Sectors (24,062 MB)
    Disc size: 12,219,392 Sectors (23,866 MB)

Would you like to continue anyway?
    Yes No

2. 13echo4

13echo4 Regular member

Why did you fail w/ AVATAR? Did you rencode the video at all? I think that your file is alittle to big. Get it down to 22.5gb or smaller

3. don6288

don6288 Guest

How do I make it smaller? I ripped the main movie only using DVDFab 7. Then I used BD Rebuilder Movie only back up. Regarding Avatar I believe I used Anydvd to rip it then BD Rebuilder movie only. BD Rebuilder was successfuly completed. I burnt it useing Imgburn and that was successfuly completed. However, the disc won't play in my Blu Ray player or on my Blu Ray drive. Thanks for the help.

4. 13echo4

13echo4 Regular member

!st go to this page http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/639346 and download the guide. Read over it a few times. Then start download some warez. To start w/ TSMUXER, AviSynth, MEGUI, And K-pac to start cutting your teeth. All of these can be downloaded from the page you got the guide. Now make sure you get the newst version of mEGUI by Ryu77. It will also be on that page. Your going to use MEGUI to shrink the movie. TSMUXER to Mux the movie back into a blu-ray file. Well having said this. You could just load your movie into TSMUXER and probally get rid of enough unwanted audio tracks and remux and be small enough to fit.