1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Win Mx

Discussion in 'Audio' started by macey, Jan 19, 2005.

1. macey

macey Guest

Hello to all.
    I have downloaded winmx and to download a song it is fine. But if i stop it to go off line or if a incoming call interupts it, when i go back later to finish it has a problem finding sorces. it will display "finding sorces" for about 1 minuit then the line turns red font colour.
    Can any body please help me?

thanx, Macey.

2. diabolos

diabolos Guest

WinMx is horrible at reconnecting. The best thing you can do is search for the file again and re-download it.

Ced

3. dude845

dude845 Regular member

dude i used winmx now i use bearshare lite its way better

4. macey

macey Guest

Hi all,
    Thanks diabolos for your reply, i thaught i may had one of the settings wrong, but even tho it doesent help.
    and dude845, i will look into bearshare, im guessing the addy is www.bearshare.com ?
    Thanks for all your help
    -Macey..

5. venomX05

venomX05 Regular member

Was in the neighborhood and wanted to respond.....

Diabolos is right, WinMX is horrible.....

Macey, if you are looking for a good p2p client, check out Limewire or DC++, Bittorent is said to be good, but don't really use it.

Hope this help if you are still looking around.

Happy Downloading!

Last edited: Jan 20, 2005
  6. diabolos

diabolos Guest

I didn't mean to bash WinMX. I myself use WinMX to download all the new singles that come out. WinMX is great if all you want are small files (ie MP3s or JPEGs). With that said, I only recommend WinMX to those people with DSL or higher connections because of its instablity.

Bearshare (I know you said [bold]Bearshare lite[/bold]! This statment obviously doesn't apply to that app) is loaded with adware! I would never recommend any app that makes you pay for it by destorying your PC, no matter how good it is. If you want a good P2P app check this list of approved apps:

http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/127334

I use Shareaza (even though it is a little unstable on PCs with less that 512 MB of ram). I like it because its a hybrid P2P app. It connects to Gnutella2, Edonkey 2000, and BitTorrent networks.

Ced

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 20, 2005
  7. venomX05

venomX05 Regular member

Thanks for the info diabolos....

I see that everyone has different opinions in what p2p apps are good. Although, I can't believe that Kazaa Lite was tops on the list....oh well

Will have to check out Shareaza.

Later people....

8. diabolos

diabolos Guest

Not KaZaa Lite. Kazaa lite K++. K++ started it all! It was the first app to offer decentralized P2P connectivity without adware while also packing in a slew of extras (ie AVI preview) and limited IP blocking. Thats why I gave it an "Honorable metion". Of course, by todays standards K++ wouldn't be much to talk about.

Thankz for reading,
    Ced

9. venomX05

venomX05 Regular member

You know what is so funny?

A couple of years ago, Kazaa was the best......and now, I don't think anyone would touch it with a 10 foot pole.

Like you said...

Quote:
    "Of course, by todays standards K++ wouldn't be much to talk about."

10. flan2359

flan2359 Guest

Just a thought

Now we mourn the passing of Suprnova try Torrentreactor.net. Its ok if you have broadband and there is quite a selection of stuff available. Not qite as good as Suprnova but there is a search facility available.

Keep the faith to all !!!!!