1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WINDVR - DVD LAB - Burn DVD ??????

Discussion in 'Video capturing from analog sources' started by mkm, Mar 21, 2004.

1. mkm

mkm Member

I have used WINDVR 3 to capture from VHS to hardrive. Opened in DVD-Lab and trimmed the end off and compiled. Next I tryed to burn with Nero6 but it would not let me due to the file being larger that 1 gig. I then went back in DVD-Lab and tryed to burn from there but could not figure it out.

I have been trying to get this to work for so long that I am about out of the 30 day trial before I can get one to work.

*****Please help me before I start drinking !!!!

Mark

Last edited: Mar 21, 2004
  2. onestop

onestop Regular member

Hello, I guess you should have converted your captured video into DVD files (ifo, vob) with DVD-Lab and the overall size is 1GB more than the standard of 4.76GB right? Well, more proper way is of course to calculate what is the total length video which before convertion so that you can decide on what video and audio bitrate to set (e.g video-6000kbp, audio-Mpeg1 Layer II @ 224kbp = approx 1.5Hrs).

The improper but easiest way, is to use a freeware in this forum called DVD Shrink to trim and compress your DVD files to fit into one DVD+R. Cheers....

3. onestop

onestop Regular member

Hello Mark, I just to read your previous thread that you are converting VHS for your kids to view in the car and quality is not your main concern right? Check out this thread http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/2/57488 and you will be able to see both Garry (simple way) and Minion (more technical way) of converting VHS to DVD.

4. mkm

mkm Member

The "Thomas the train" VHS I am trying to back up is only 45 mins. long. I used DVD-Lab to compile and it created one big 2 plus Gig file of the whole movie. When I tryed to burn to disc with Nero it wouldn't burn due to the file size greater than i Gig.

Mark

5. onestop

onestop Regular member

Hello Mark,

I'm now confuse on what are you buring? If you are burning video into a DVD, you must 1st convert video into DVD files like .vob and .ifo than put all of them into a folder call VIDEO_TS before using any burning software. I would suggest that you check out the guide section in this forum on how to create a DVD-5.

Normally for a DVD+R it can store up to 4.76GB and we usually compress movie DVDs which are 7-9GB into a 4.76GB with freeware call DVD Shrink or DVD2One