1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Xbox Hard Drive Rebuild?

Discussion in 'Xbox - Software discussion' started by nubE1, Mar 16, 2008.

1. nubE1

nubE1 Member

I know my stories long but please, bare with me. OK, heres my situation; I modded my xbox with SID 4.0 and all worked well until i tried to go onto xbox live... It brought up the trouble shooter instantly and right before it upgraded the thingy, it gave me error code 21. I freaked out and tried to remove it the unofficial way which didn't work and better yet, it gave me error code 22 which after a little research, was blocking the right way to remove it. I formatted all the drives that i could and got rid of error code 22 so that now i can get to the official uninstallment but when i try to do it, it gives me BATCH PROCESS FAILED! freakin' great! i'm giving up on the mods and my saves and everything, I WANT FACTORY SETTINGS BACK!!!!!!!!! help?

2. corn

corn Guest

Can you boot to the dash? Or games? Or anything? If you boot to anything , and if you didn't backup the EEPROM file then you will have to do one of two things:

(1) You can Hotswap
    Link:
    http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/548462

(2) You can buy an EEPROM reader, and rebuild the hard drive using XboxHDM
    Link:
    http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/533828

Actually, I just found this, you can build an EEPROM reader for pretty cheap
    Link:
    http://forums.llamma.com/viewtopic.php?t=10282&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=15

3. nubE1

nubE1 Member

I can boot to dash and games and all that except xbox live. I backed up my eeprom but i may have kinda sorta lost it in the formatting that i mentioned..... I'm gonna try this AID disk. know if it'll work for this?

4. corn

corn Guest

If you can boot copied games, AID is your cure-all most of the time.

5. nubE1

nubE1 Member

And i'll be able to get back on live right? without getting banned???

6. Tomish

Tomish Member

What files have you deleted in the process of trying to restore your HDD? What is the update of you trying to use aid disk? I would try loading up the game you used to softmod your system with. For some reason they always load through error codes. from there you can look in your E file under backup for your file. then you can restore your E backup.

7. corn

corn Guest

I don't use live, but I believe you could.

8. nubE1

nubE1 Member

First off, i didn't delete any files, i just went into unleash X and went into the format option and typed in the password "Xbox" and it brought up all the drives. I formated all that i could (with the "format" option that does it automatically) in hopes of fixing error 22 and i succeeded. That now lets me into the SID 4.0 installer menu where when i try to uninstall, gives me BATCH PROCESS FAILED! Second off,the update is when i select xbox live it brings up the options "troubleshoot" and "cancel" i select troubleshoot and it says updating. right before it finishes it says error and goes to error code 21. That is the whole reason i want to use the aid disk. Finally, the AID disk (so ive heard) has the option to restore factory settings.( and also, they never load through error codes.)(AND i think that the formatting erased me E backup)

9. corn

corn Guest

Read somewhere that you should try formatting the E again. Try FPTing into the Xbox, and see whats located in the E folder. Report back with thats in there, or whats not in there.

10. nubE1

nubE1 Member

How do u FTP, hense the name nooby one...

11. nubE1

nubE1 Member

ok i got this when i FTPed...
    CACHE, Games, TDATA, UDATA, Config.xml, evoxdash.xbe, and items.xml. Let me know if you need to know whats in the first 4 folders.