1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

xboxdash.xbe

Discussion in 'Xbox - Software discussion' started by Janus87, Apr 4, 2006.

1. Janus87

Janus87 Guest

I have a soft modded XBOX. I was playing FIFA 2006 and decided that I wanted to hear the game in spanish. So, somehow I FTP to my xbox and renamed the xboxdash.xbe. Now, everytime I turn my XBOX on I get the support page, error 13. Original games do boot up, however those burned don't. Any help would be appreciated.

2. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

13 - kernel - Dashboard launch fail (due to missing/bad key, or anything else that would prevent it from running) and the dashboard didn't specify why it failed.

The error it gives is because of the incompatibility between the (older) dashboard (4920) that older slayer cd installs and the new dashboard/kernel versions found in some new xbox's and found in xbox's that have been connected to xbox live (when you go on xbox-live, it'll upgrade your dashboard file to i believe it is now 5659.03. This dasboard is incompatible with the dash that (old) slayer cd installs (for example 2.5 or lower) for you.

(In detail, in the eeprom chip there is a kernel which is incompatible with the dashboard (4920) that slayer installs.)

So what do you do to fix it? You can use the dashupdate found on most new xbox games! Be sure to 1st unplug your ethernet cable before you do so!!!

Besides that, just use a good installation disc and all is fine. Use a 2.6 slayer or something similar

3. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

wtf
    why did you do that?

4. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

do you have Live?
    do you have AID or SID?

5. Janus87

Janus87 Guest

I did try the XBOX LIVE thing, but I did not see anything related to upgrade my dashboard. Unless, you're talking of a much newer game. I tried HALO 2 and Forza Motorsport but neither of them seem to work. I want to try hotswapping, but I want to know if I can just plug the HD in my PC or I have to do hotswapping no matter what. I seriously need to get this fix since I'm getting knee surgery and need some form of entertainment. Anyhelp would be appreciated.

6. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

7. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

8. Janus87

Janus87 Guest

Thank you, that't exactly what I want to do. I just want to rename it back to what it was, but as fast as I can. The link you provided is a tutorial I'm expecting. Is it easy enough? Hope it doesn't take a lot of time.

9. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

It is not that complicate. Print it out and read 2-3 times to understand the whole process. Then do it.