1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Xboxhdm 1.9 on a dvd?

Discussion in 'Xbox - Software discussion' started by lowkey, Aug 25, 2007.

1. lowkey

lowkey Member

I have this issue with my softmod. I've done quite a bit of searching and can't find the answer. Can I make the linux iso with my C and E drives on a dvd? Reason for the question is that all tutorials so far have stated cd only. They do say that you can leave the C and E drive folders empty and then be prompted to insert a disc with the files. I was never prompted to do so and the new hd didn't work. The other thing is this. I am using an OLD pc that has both cd and dvd drives. The pc has the dvd drive set as secondary master. I cannot set the bios to boot this drive before the hd sooo...will it work? Is there a way to create a cd with xboxhdm on it and then direct the program to use the files on my dvd drive?

2. cookie257

cookie257 Member

i dont see why that wouldnt work putting it ona a dvd but theres enough space on a 700mb cd to fit your c drive but im not sure about your e.you need to put a clean working ms dash in the c folder just read this

http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/548462#3343939

and its should help guide you and if it doesnt promt you to insert a disk why dont you put a clean dash in the c folder and then try it

3. lowkey

lowkey Member

I think I will try to build it as a clean version and then redo the softmod. Hopefully it will work.

4. cookie257

cookie257 Member

yah i think that should fix your problem and your answer about the drives you can take out the dvd drive on your comp and then put that one above your cd drive and put it in secondary master and your cd drives below it oh and if u build it as a clean version u will lose ur game save be warned get ur drive unlocked and if you have a second hard drive that u dont want or dont use clone it to that then open up explorer360 and copy partition 5 or whatever one has the udata and tdata folders in it so when you softmod again you can ftp udata and tdata over

5. lowkey

lowkey Member

Thanks...I hae already copied the entire drive oer to my backup drive. I'll give it a shot.

6. Cybertick

Cybertick Guest

Hi
    i buildt the iso with xboxhdm and burn it to a dvd with dvddecrypter.
    All works well.