1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ZERO COMPRESSION TO 2 DVD+Rs

Discussion in 'Video problems with Mac' started by FERENTINO, Feb 4, 2005.

1. FERENTINO

FERENTINO Guest

How can I backup one of my DVDs that is 8.2 GBs with zero compression by spliting it on to 2 DVD+Rs? I am using "Mac the Ripper", "DVD2oneX", and "Toast 6".

In other words I would like to do exactly what PC (ugh) programs such as DVDX do automaticaly.

Thanks. I've found the previous discussions helpful.

- Jim

2. contract

contract Guest

FERENTINO

When you find out let me know how to split a ripped DVD put on my HD to 2 discs without compression

I love the forums here but I havent received a working answer since my DVD2xone does not have this "layer"
    option that has been mentioned (is it not in Mac?)

I would appreciate the info

3. macburner

macburner Guest

Yes the mac Version of DVD2onex has the layer option just
    select movie only and select the layer you want. (see where it
    says cell at the bottom? Just select it and change it to layer)
    You can split with no compression by selecting just layer one
    and compressing and then selecting layer two and
    compressing. Dvd2one doesn't compress if the files are
    smaller than the size you have set.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 5, 2005
  4. contract

contract Guest

Got it, I was using a older version without that option

doooh!

TY

5. FERENTINO

FERENTINO Guest

Yes, that seems to work - using the "layer" option in DVD2Xone and burning each layer individually to a seperate DVD+R.

I take it that if the material you are about to burn to a DVD+R is less than 4.7 GBs, no compression occurs(?)

What this method seems to also do, though, is delete the "menu". Is there any way to use the above method and still keep the "main menu"?

6. contract

contract Guest

I was wondering that too, to keep the extras and menu!

7. xaosai

xaosai Member

I'm sure its possible but it would be a monstrous task. Since the dvd came with only one menu, you'd have to make a copy of all the menu files and somehow split them up onto two separate disc. Not to mention you'd have to figure out how to rewrite the TOC so it references the correct chapters. I have no idea how you'd do that without professional dvd mastering equipment.

If you want the menus, you might be able to rebuild them using sizzle, but again I think its a huge waste of time. Your other alternative (assuming you have a drive that writes dual-layer) is to buy dual layer media, but its really expensive.

8. contract

contract Guest

Unfortunately on a Mac we cant use Sizzle or create dual sided media, yet....

9. Londor

Londor Guest

To burn dual sided media just turn the disc over. If you meant dual layer media Toast 6.0.7 fully supports it as it does DVD Studio Pro 3.

Sizzle- http://www.versiontracker.com/dyn/moreinfo/macosx/17331

10. contract

contract Guest

I stand corrected, thanks!!!

11. macburner

macburner Guest