1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Combining multiple DVD's into .avi files for a Powerpoint Presentation

Discussion in 'Video problems with Mac' started by Dahak, Jul 10, 2003.

1. Dahak

Dahak Member

I need to make a persentation via powerpoint for my college class. I have a MAc and they have a Windows. What I have is several History movies and documentaries on DVD that I need to to grab parts out of and put them together into seperate .avi files for my Powerpoint presentation. I don't need the whole DVD (In fact I need about 1-2 chapters from 3 DVD's). I downloaded OSEx and FFMpegX, read up on DVD extraction and muxing and de muxing, etc etc. However I'm still lost and a bit confused.

Can anyone just point me in the right direction on how to extract portions of a DVD and convert them into .avi files? I've tried for the last 3 days and I'm getting veeeeeery frustrated.

Thank you.

2. hank29

hank29 Member

I haven't used OSEx yet but would personally still use DVDextractor 09.beta (free - works fine) which will let you get the chapters you want as .m2v files. Then use MacMPEG2decoder to put the .m2v files to .Mov files.In this you can select more compression so they display fine on the pc. These can be played directly from within powerpoint so i wouldn't even use .avi

The drawback is you have to use Mac OS 9.2 for these programs. They are free and you can get a tutorial at http://www.dawnload.net/alternative_platforms/mac_software/mac_dvd_ripping_tutorial.cfm

3. johnferg

johnferg Member