1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Get Rid of The Console Forum Rooms

Discussion in 'AfterDawn feedback & suggestions' started by borhan9, Aug 14, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jizmak

Jizmak Regular member

Thank you DRD,
    Thats another thing I love about this place,
    When the members speak 'The Boss' actually listens,
    And is willing to implement any changes needed to improve
    the forums.

Hats off to the boss.

*-Edit-* Spelling errors.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 15, 2006
  2. janrocks

janrocks Guest

It would be impossible for me to put it better than that.
    It's been a long time coming, maybe it will do the trick.

3. face123

face123 Regular member

That's good to see hopefully it won’t be as bad now as it was in the console forums. But I noticed it's not really that bad in the ps2 section because the ps2 is old now and people don’t really post there or there are not that many arguments there. I think it's mainly in the ps3 section and xbox 360 section but like tycobb said it should die down eventually and be mainly about "hacking" the ps3.

4. tycobb

tycobb Regular member

Yeah DRD way to take it to em!

Thank you DRD I hope this does the trick and I'll watch my step as well.Peace.

5. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

my snippet from this related thread - http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/380130 -

hopefully now more of you good posters will reach for the 'offensive report' button, and [bold]much more often[/bold] as us mods can only fix as much as we can see, so we do need and appreciate as much help as people can give us..

..we do get a fair few offensive reports, but we only get a fraction of what we should be getting; before mod i virtually sat on the offensive report button, Darth & Neph will attest to that :)

Plus as rav says, i try to be on ad_buddies every night, so can attend to stuff instantly if someone hollers

6. tycobb

tycobb Regular member

Very true creaky.

I admit I sit on the report button but not for any little thing like sigs etc.I report scams,invites,flames,useless threads,email address etc.I don't do ad buddies but I have pm'd mods occasionally when things get out of hand with another member.

7. Jizmak

Jizmak Regular member

The 'Fanboys' are the ones that really cause the most
    problems in the console forums.
    I want a Nintendo Wii more than any of the consoles out or
    coming out for my own reasons, (Red steel with the wii-mote bieng ONE of them).
    But I wouldnt post because some little punk would ruin it,
    with the usual fanboy flaming that goes on.
    Just me and my Wii two cents.

8. tycobb

tycobb Regular member

*edit well DRD went ahead and drew the line so perhaps some of those fanboys will hit the hay.

Your right that's the main problem with the "next gen" console forums.I like all the systems and it's like this.

when I'm in the wii section I'm pro wii
    when I'm in the xbox 360 section I'm pro 360
    when I'm in the ps3 section I'm pro ps3

This is a great policy to have.People shouldn't go into the ps3 forum just to brag about how xbox360 is so much better blah blah blah.It only results in a fanboy flame up.

9. pulsar

pulsar Active member

I would get rid of the console forums in the blink of an eye...

10. creaky

me too pulsar, but the Admins and other mods have hidden that button from me, it's ringfenced with razor wire and booby traps :O

11. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

There are alot of people that get great help and manage to have a good time in the console forums so I don't see why we should sack the console forums.

Creaky said it right earlier in that us mods can only cover so much ground and can't fix what we can't see so let's everybody start using the piss out of the offensive post reports and pm's.

12. face123

face123 Regular member

Yeah I agree. I learn a lot of information from the consol forum and I post a lot too. So I would not want to get rid of the consol forums either.

13. xyqo

xyqo Regular member

I think that solution is great

XNAHT

14. DamonDash

DamonDash Guest

If you ask me i think [bold]NEPHILIM[/bold] Does a Damm good job of policeing the console forum rooms.He said like 2 or 3 months ago he was going to put a end to it since then i have not even came close to a flame war or see one get out of hand.He always somewhere watching.If you want something to get better you dont get rid of it.I've seen some heated battles in Nero & Shrink rooms because two or three people be giving advice to one person.So lets not say it only in the console forum rooms.It happen all over this site.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 16, 2006
  15. face123

face123 Regular member

Yeah but the console forums are the worst for it. I know what you mean it happens all over the site but it is a lot worse in the console forums.

16. tycobb

tycobb Regular member

Damondash is right.The day neph stops moderating the console forums is the day I never post there again.I think he did the right thing by putting up the additional rules in the next gen sections,but it's not just that, he enforces it.What good is a rule without a strong arm to back it up?

Right now I'm just laying low and posting elsewhere until things die down but I have to admit without neph there is no next gen console forums ,so I just wouldn't post FOREVER.

NO MORE 360 VS.WII VS.PS3 AND PROMOTING YOUR CONSOLE IN THE RIVAL SECTION OR PUTTING DOWN THE FANS OF A RIVAL CONSOLE.PERIOD.

^^^^^and this is what has made it better when these 360 vs.ps3 threads are shut down and people get banned for it.Nephilim,darth,and ddp all know what I'm talking about.

@jizmak hey man if you want to come over to the wii forum and make a thread, I got lots of friends over there and I'll make sure you don't get a flame.I'll be the first to post on it.That's actually one of the calmer forums.:)

Last edited: Aug 16, 2006
  17. plutonash

plutonash Regular member

Good new maybe adding some new mods (hint,hint) would lighten the load for you guys.

18. creaky

19. tycobb

tycobb Regular member

Yeah the mods we have are fine and perhaps the best team I've ever seen anywhere.

We have enough mods.Just follow what creaky,darth,ddp,and nephilim said and report them.You can use pm as well they won't bite you.

20. creaky

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.