1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to: Update Eurovox Max V with Kuro 18.04.08 (R.I.P 28/11/2008)

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by SG8, Apr 16, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. westbrom

westbrom Guest

put v4oooapi bin file into a digi vox and when i do a scan the channels are bad and scrambled. can anyone tell me if its the right bin file to autoupdate and how to install channels so they update through the menu

2. hill16

hill16 Regular member

hi hiteck i did type a reply last night but it was in the middle of other posts so thats probably why you didnt see it i dont why that happened i am only in so i havent tried to download the new firmware i will let you all know how i get on ,i know i have the right cable thanks

3. HiTeck

HiTeck Regular member

Ok Hill,

Good luck with it and all the best!

4. HiTeck

HiTeck Regular member

murphj11:

Iss this your box? If so try this firmware,

http://www.mediafire.com/?xynenwxvyjy/

[​IMG]

5. murphj11

murphj11 Member

Thats the one okay.....can you i.d it for me....is it a clone dya think??.....Thanks for the reply
    Jamesy

6. cnotnhere

cnotnhere Member

just patched my box with the new firmware , i'm in north co dub on CH**US and things are working fine , once you save your channel list before updating you should have no probs , a big thanks to all on here for all the support available to us

7. HiTeck

HiTeck Regular member

Have a look here thanks to panasonic

Explains how to tell the difference in great detail.

http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/659486#4004192

Although not sure on the firmware compatibility with a clone!!! If yours Is an original after reading this link I would advise you to download the firmware link already posted in my previous post also on pg1 by SG8, If it is a clone I am not aware of any so far proven safe firmware! Unless anyone would like add to this.

Last edited: May 2, 2008
  8. leopard16

leopard16 Member

Just flashed eurovox 2008, thanks alot to the software writters, you are techno monsters & your input is really appreciated. Thanks also to the helpful guys who make it easy for not very techie people like me, scouser,SG8 etc...I have read through alot of the threads & you guys get asked the same stuff so often, you really have alot of patience !! Anyway, thanks alot & just to say to all read through the thread, it`s all there & it`s all pretty easy..if i can do it, ANYONE can !! Thanks alot guys

9. delbert69

delbert69 Member

Hi everyone i done the update on my eurovox when it came available. it all worked fine until i had a power cut. when the electric came back i had to wait over an hour to get the channels back. It all worked fine until this week i lost all the channels again. do i need to reinstall, the only thing i didnt do is reset the box to factory. Would that cause this problem. any help on sorting it is much appreciated cheers

10. hill16

hill16 Regular member

hi sg8 i am trying to download the new software but it is saying receiver not detected i know i have the right cable a guy i know had the same cable and no prob for him what am i doing wrong should the box be on or off

11. hill16

hill16 Regular member

hi sg8 i am trying to download the new software but it is saying receiver not detected i know i have the right cable a guy i know had the same cable and no prob for him what am i doing wrong should the box be on or off

12. nmheroes

nmheroes Member

I take it that you have this box:

http://img405.imageshack.us/img405/6526/eurovox2qb2.jpg

This is the Euro-Vox V.2. I have asked the question about whether there is a software fix here:

http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/652320

Am still awaiting a response.

Can anyone help ?

NMH

13. HiTeck

HiTeck Regular member

Install this toolbar http://bigmaq.ourtoolbar.com/

Once installed at the top of your screen just under your address bar they will be a pull down box which says Update/Fixes, In there click the eurovox 1+2, In there you will see the firmware by sunrise dated 14-04-08,
    That is your firmware, Good luck!

14. seanmac30

seanmac30 Member

Don't suppose anyone else has had this problem and found a solution in the meantime. I'm still not getting past the 'Sending...0%' stage. Tried all the firmware posted in this thread.

15. Celtic71

Celtic71 Active member

Sorry your post got overlooked Sean , Make sure you have the b0x on STANDBY before updating

16. Celtic71

Celtic71 Active member

Sorry your post also got overlooked

First you need to find out if its a 06/07 or 08 model then we can direct you to the right version update

17. SG8

SG8 Active member

That sounds like a problem with your ports to me, but I could be wrong!, have you tried on another computer? or have you updated any boxes on the computer you are trying it on?

18. hill16

hill16 Regular member

thanks for the reply sg8 will bring the computer to a comp shop and see if they can sort it out will bring my box to another comp to get the software downloaded in the meantime will let you know how i get on

19. HiTeck

HiTeck Regular member

Hi Hill,
    Before taking your computer to the shop try reading through this first it may help,

http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/9/653745#3997335 read all the way down,

or here thanks to gman.
    http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/6/653745#3986464

There are quite a few people on here having trouble getting there computer to find the box and most of the time its a simple settings adjustment in device manager. Also try plugging your cable into other usb ports this may also work,

All the best!

20. Celtic71

Celtic71 Active member

hill .. Are you sure its a Eur0vox Max V 2008 model ?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.