1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Just Successfully Softmodded Your Xbox? Great!.. Now read this before you do ANYTHING!

Discussion in 'Xbox - Software discussion' started by Mik3h, Oct 14, 2006.

1. kywildcat

kywildcat Member

2. glitchman

glitchman Member

cool tut.

3. azzidrain

azzidrain Regular member

Read the stickied tutorial in this section if you want to know what you need for softmodding and how to go about doing it.

Oh, and you might want to remove your email before a mod sees it.

Xbox Modding

Last edited: Jun 7, 2007
  4. steveo129

steveo129 Guest

nice tut. on backupin files but i do it another way

5. steveo129

steveo129 Guest

but great tut.

6. nanospyda

nanospyda Member

thnx again for this great tut... but I have one problem. When I ftp from the xbox to the pc and transfer the E: drive, only one file doesnt copy over: NoisyCamera. Is this normal, as I plan to upgrade the HD and transfer everything back over? The dash I used was UnleashX if it helps any

7. Mik3h

Mik3h Regular member

If it's from the disc to the HD, sounds as if it's having trouble reading it from the disc. Try cleaning it or finding another copy of the game.

-Mike

8. nanospyda

nanospyda Member

thnx, I tried it again and the ftp worked... now I set it up w/ evox, and i cant play CDs, DVDs or data discs? did i do sumthing wrong? at this moment i am building a new hd, but cant figure why the discs dont work?

9. Mik3h

Mik3h Regular member

Definately sounds like the drive then. Will it load originals on a cold boot? ie. Game already in Xbox and power on?

-Mike

10. nanospyda

nanospyda Member

everythings good now... re-modded to unleashx so i can manage the saved files... I tried the hotswap yesterday and lets just say im glad my pc started up again! thnx for ur help, the drive loads xbox games but thats really it. even now in unleash, audio CDs wont even load! i supose i can re-search for how to load skins and all that stuff.

11. ajammer

ajammer Member

12. ajammer

ajammer Member

13. nanospyda

nanospyda Member

I have 1 more question... do I have to make a floppy disk if I want to build a new drive? I have a floppy in my pc, but it never works (just freezes and wont format any disks) so thats why I tried the hotswap...
    can I just make a bootable CD? I'd like to add this 40gb drive so I can save games to the box (btw is Unleash able to copy games directly with no other apps installed?)

14. PhoenixB

PhoenixB Guest

Hello everyone, happy holidays...

Im hoping this isnt a dead thread and I can solve this little delema. I wiped my 30 gig clean, and reformatted it according to this tutorial, however when I put the new HD in the box, I get the dreaded "service message."

What did I do wrong

Sorry my post is so sketchy...

The only details I really have about the drive is a Western Digital 307AA IDE HD. The model number is WD307AA-00BAA0

Any help - anything at all would be much appriciated! Thanks again everyone!

15. PhoenixB

PhoenixB Guest

So I looked into it a bit further...

If I locked the HD and the HD on my XBOX wasnt locked originally then perhaps that may be an issue.

However when I went into the XBOXHD program to format the HD, I had went to option 3 I believe it was, where I could attempt to unlock the drive with the master password XBOXSCENE... however it says the drive rejected the command.

16. Mik3h

Mik3h Regular member

ajammer - Yes, you will be able to write speeds on those discs upto 16x but I reccomend you don't. Burn at 8x or games will probably skip.

nanospyda - Floppy drives are very very cheap these days, and you will have to FTP your games to your PC before you can play them. - More info

PhoenixB - Not all HD's can be locked. Look at this - compatability chart

-Mike

17. PhoenixB

PhoenixB Guest

Thank you sir/ma'am for the speedy response. I have reviewed my HD's model number, and several people found it compatable. Same size, same model number.

I think the problem may be that the drive is "frozen."

Any ideas on what that means or how I can fix that lol :D

18. giorgoc

giorgoc Member

Stupid question, removed from me :)

Last edited: Dec 23, 2006
  19. Mik3h

Mik3h Regular member

Ask away, I have no problem answering, now I'm off school I have more time :)

Ok, there may be some bad sectors on your HD, so try "disk check" or "disk defrag" using Windows, then try again.

-Mike

20. giorgoc

giorgoc Member

hm.. ok,

1. Before FTPing the backups from my xbox, I have noticed that there is no any backup_linux folder. It's just a c:/backup/ folder and I can see my eeprom.bin located there. This is the same folder, right?

2. Also, you mentioned somewhere this. "Alternatively you can choose option 3 at the main selection.....".
    When you say "alternatively", to which option do you refer? In other words in pure English you say Do Step 1. Alternatively do step 2. Which step does your 'alternative' option skip?

(sorry If I have not explained this clearly, english is not my mother language) :)

Hey mike, any chance to add you to my MSN (or Skype) for 'Live Support' when I will do this upgrade? hehehehe

thank you very much, your tutorial really rocks! :)

Giorgoc