1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Making DVD game backup

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by hayesnic, Feb 7, 2007.

1. hayesnic

hayesnic Member

I am trying to burn a backup copy of Madden 07 which is on a dvd. I tried using nero 7 to create an iso and then burnt it to verbatium dvd-r 16x. It looked like everything went through ok but, when I try to load the game it tells me to enter correct dvd-rom. All of the files appear to be on the disc. Please help!

Thank you,

Nicole

2. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

moved to correct forum

3. TheMadMan

TheMadMan Member

Do you have a modchip or a bootdisk? Without it you cannot play games burned from your computer.

4. hayesnic

hayesnic Member

Sorry I am totally new to this...what is a modchip? I have the original disk and that is what I made the iso image from. Is that what you mean??

5. TheMadMan

TheMadMan Member

No Problem, I am new as well, but from what I gather, conventional DVD drives on our computers cannot perfectly copy a game DVD. There are sectors that are off limits. Because of this, even if you make a backup copy as described in the guides, it will not work in a regular PS2. You need one of the following
    1. A Modchip. Thats pretty mucha piece of hardware that loads additional software when your PS2 starts up that makes it so you can play backed-up or imported games
    2. A Bootdisk. Such as Swapmagic. That is a disk you put into your PS2 drive that loads some data temporaily onto a memory card or usb storage (similar to a gameshark). Then you remove the disk (with a special removal tool) and replace it with your backed-up game or imported game.

You can find additional information in the forums.
    http://forums.afterdawn.com/forum_view.cfm/113 for modchips
    http://forums.afterdawn.com/forum_view.cfm/114 for bootdisks

6. hayesnic

hayesnic Member

Sorry I did not see where they had moved this thread. This is a PC game not ps2.

7. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

in the right forum now as pc games won't allow you to talk about your problem & this is about dvd not cdr.

8. born2ride

born2ride Regular member

whats the difference bewteen and ps2 game and a interactive dvd game not for pc but dvd player? i was trying to back up a disney children's game . what is the concept for placing them on to a dvd5. if you could be so kind and explain the making of a game.just looking for more insight. i think i finally somewhat understand dvd. on to bigger things now .thanks