1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ok....what gives?

Discussion in 'Safety valve' started by Doohickey, Apr 6, 2004.

1. Doohickey

Doohickey Member

Hey all,
    This morning I bumped the thread "Thanks Scuba Pete" to the front page of the "DVD-r for newbies" forum, after responding to a thread that was insulting to Scuba Pete (by bluechees). I come back an hour or so later and find that not only had the thread (Thanks Scuba Pete) been removed from page 1, my last post to it has been deleted and now the thread is closed. Could someone explain the reason for this? Thanx....Doohickey

2. drchips

drchips Active member

Last edited: Apr 6, 2004
  3. Prisoner

Prisoner Guest

Why wasn`t the thread:
    http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/74145
    moved to Safty valve. I can see that it really dosn`t fit in the DVD-R section. But closing a loving thread is not that good. Chat chat in Saftey and all other topics should be allowed. But I agree that shouldn`t be in other serious sections.

4. Praetor

Praetor Moderator Staff Member

Perhaps because it does belong in Safety/All Others as opposed to DVDR? I dunno. Perhaps in that hour you all missed a bunch of spam/trashing or something and during the cleanup Doohickey's post was deleted by mistake i dunno. I didnt do it so i cant comment.

5. Doohickey

Doohickey Member

Well somebody did it and I gotta say, the silence is deafening. Ok, maybe technically it didn't belong in that forum, but that is where it originated, and it seems odd that it cycled through the front page at least twice that I know of and never got removed or closed?!! before. I hadn't thought of that Praetor, I hope you're right. That would explain it alright, but I don't know...something seems wierd about this.
    Still waiting to hear, Doohickey

6. Prisoner

Prisoner Guest

Are other posts disappearing? I rember when the Afterdawn was updated, some stuff was not there and when the ISP crashed happened in Dec, other stuff disappeared. If not a Mod, maybe it was an ISP thing that didn't have your post in memory when back to a backup.

7. drchips

drchips Active member

<theme from The Twilight Zone>
    Doo-doo-doo-doo Doo-doo-doo-doo...

Have you ever been convinced that something is [bold]Not Quite Right[/bold]??

Have you ever put something somewhere and then [bold]CAN FIND NO TRACE OF IT[/bold]??

Do things seem DIFFERENT, but when you ask about them, [bold]NO-ONE NOTICES[/bold]??

Maybe, just maybe, you have entered - The Twilight Zone..

Doo-doo-doo-doo Doo-doo-doo-doo...
    <end theme tune>
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]Life is just more of the same:[/small]

Last edited: Apr 6, 2004
  8. Doohickey

Doohickey Member

lol doc....you messin with my head or is there some subtle subliminal message buried in there somewhere? ;0
    I don't know about the twilight zone...seems more like the Mystery Movie Matinee to me. I guess no one knows what the heck happened......

<organ music>

or dooOOOooo theyyyyy...
    <muhahahahhahaha> (evil laugh)

Doo doo doo doo, Doo doo doo doo

thanks..now I've got that music stuck in my head, lol

9. Prisoner

Prisoner Guest

Just think Dr. Who. the tardis spinnin into the time tunnel will clear all evil from you mind. Tom Baker was the Best.

Dodoodoo dodooodo doda da dodoodooo (repeat)

10. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

11. Prisoner

Prisoner Guest

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

_X_X_X_X_X_[small]I am not a number
    I am a Free Man[/small]

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 7, 2004
  12. drchips

drchips Active member

Maybe one of these might help:

[​IMG]

Details from here:
    http://zapatopi.net/afdb.html

Warning - site may be slow, he is getting a lot of hits recently (what are all those other people doing).

Have Fun...
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]Life is just more of the same:[/small]

Last edited: Apr 8, 2004
  13. Doohickey

Doohickey Member

LMAO drchips!!! Oh God I haven't laughed that hard in quite awhile. I think I'll try sporting one of those when my wife gets home..and one on our dog too...just to see what she says. lol!

14. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

I wonder if metallic spray paint would work since I shave my melon - give me that sleek "Euro" look :)

15. Prisoner

Prisoner Guest

That site is the best. I love the idea of a back door on the aluminum head cap. Always make your self, avoid surpervison. that is too funny.

Time to build a spinning disk room like in enemy of the state, add the cap, put klenux boxes on your feet and your all set.