1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Starview / The Box

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by MorganS, May 18, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DesB

DesB Regular member

yes exit till your back to the channels and put it on sly spots and it will update

Last edited: May 25, 2008
  2. snootyfox

snootyfox Member

hi have done that and it just stops on the language page and i carnt exit from there i put 0000 in the factory settings earlier following an earlier post has that anything to do with it?

3. DesB

DesB Regular member

shouldnt really...

if you press language /english/check your provider at the top/ autoscan/ exit once you should see EMU, turn ON/exit to screen/ put on sky spots it should work...I have to go out shortly...but someone will give you a hand or else I will be back tonight and sort it !!
    try it once more and let me know.....

4. snootyfox

snootyfox Member

i exit once and went to installation,then if i exit again its back to language then stuck, thanks for youre help

5. malci

malci Guest

When you saud your box went down - what did you mean, no signal? no programmes, what?, is it a problem with the supplier?. If you have done a Factory Reset, then it will automatically take you to the Language - you just accept the Language and setup your box as normal, where are you and what supplier.

6. snootyfox

snootyfox Member

hi the box said no signal which it never has said before,there wasnt even 1,2,3 and 4 i have legit virgin box upstairs and thats fine,im in leicester and on virgin/ntl

7. malci

malci Guest

Then it is a problem with your cable feed to the box, check it carefully to make sure it is nice and tight and all is OK it may even have come out, because "no signal" means exactly that.

8. snootyfox

snootyfox Member

what a plonka my conection had come off but i stll carnt get any thing oviously cause ive been trying everything except checking my connection so sorry but is there a idiots guide to reseting it thanks

9. snootyfox

snootyfox Member

right ive sorted it,sorry for wasting youre time, big thank you to des b and malci cheers

10. malci

malci Guest

Right, if you have re-connected everything now - Press Menu, Down to Factory settings OK (enter 0000) press OK to delete, and then you will be back at the Language OK to accept English and then you will be back to Installation OK (Choose your provider i.e. TW NTL etc.)and then down to Automatic Scan OK again and let it scan, when it has finished scanning, you will get the message "Please Wait for saving". you then exit out to the main Menu, and key in 1570 via the keypad on remote and Cas System Menu will appear, go down to Key Emu and turn to ON > with arrow key, and then exit out to an encrypted channel and you should be sorted. (I presume you have the auto-roll firmware on) If not then I would advise you to check the information first and make a note of it for manual entry later).

11. malci

malci Guest

Very good, always check when you get that message and don't rush into things, you can easily get confused, :)

12. CyborCop

CyborCop Regular member

Steve can you tell me what box you are trying to update as you have me confused as you are on both the starview and the eurovox thread like here

http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/235/506556#4059719

13. darhay48

darhay48 Member

Hi, Ive updated my starview box, done the whole 1570, emu on...everything..then when I exit back to sky sports, a box comes up saying data is being updated and goes up to 250% (sometimes less) this then flicks back to sky sports but still nothing. This keeps happening over and over again. Am I doing something wrong??

14. CyborCop

CyborCop Regular member

Last edited: May 25, 2008
  15. Louise80

Louise80 Member

Just looking for some help! Ive flashed my starview box twice now, it installed perfectly, followed the previous instructions doing 1570, making sure the emu key is on, set default key and exiting back out to sky sports. I seem to be having the same problem as a few others here. It just keeps updating itself to 250% but then nothing. I seem to have all the channels though. Would be gratful for any help anyone can give.
    Thanks

16. CyborCop

CyborCop Regular member

is it the`starview 1 you have what firmware did you put on it can you tell me also when you press 1570 did you check again that your emu is on also press the default key again and put on sly sports 1 and wait for it to update this could go as high as 300% so just need to be patient and dont change the channel while this is updating

17. Louise80

Louise80 Member

How can I tell if its starview 1? The firmware ive uses is CryptStar-v1.4-GenuineOnly.zip, is that the right one? I dont have a clone box, pretty sure its genuine.
    Everytime i press 1570, i check that emu is on and it is. Will try it again now.

18. CyborCop

CyborCop Regular member

did you unzip it before you put it on also did you use the V4.00 gtrom loader to put it on

also try turning the box off at the back and then back on again that might do it also

19. MorganS

MorganS Member

Yeah, initially, I was getting the No Signal message. I have got a new connector and still when I try the automatic scan or manual scan the box is not picking up any channels. Beginning to lose patience I'm afraid. Does anyone have any ideas. I hoped it was as simple as the connectors not being tight enough but that isnt the case. I have tried it with a NTL box and it is picking up channels perfectly. Any bright ideas left before it goes into the bin!!!

Thanks for all your help in advance.

20. CyborCop

CyborCop Regular member

Are you using a splitter on your cable and are you scanning from the main feed in the room

also what firmware do you have on your box menu system information API version

did this box work before and if so how did it just stop or what ??

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.